Supra: Do you Fit Inside???

Memphis

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
White Launch Edition
Yesterday a local dealer had there red Supra LE on the showroom floor and it was open to the public. The battery was dead not sure if the seat was all the way back or not but it was a snug fit. I’m 6’0” 235lbs and I felt real uncomfortable. I hit my head on the entry and exit also.
Sponsored

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
It's quite tight but not too bad. I'm similar height/weight to what you've posted with a longer torso and I just fit. The seat needs to be quite far back and down on lowest setting. When I sat in my car at the depot the seat was just left and it was uncomfortable and cramped, but at the test drive event after fully adjusting it it became much more comfortable.

Diel11

First Name
Diel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 Skyline GTR, 17 Mustang GT
I'm 6'2" and 210. No problems fitting in mine, but had to get used to ducking my head a bit. My Mustang is about the same, I just have to "shoot" my leg in all the way to the pedals, then everything else goes in ok. Once inside, very comfortable. I drove it from Houston to Dallas when I got it (about 4 1/2 hours with traffic) and never felt bad or hurt anywhere.

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
I am 6 foot - and about 275-280 - I have no issue getting in or out and the seats are very comfortable. I drove home from the dealer 6 hours - and didn't have any discomfort except getting the right position as a new car. I have it set in memory now -

As for getting in - Same thing - Just shoot your leg all the way in and sit down.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
6'2" 270ish, I fit fine. I had a similar experience in the showroom and was disappointed that I was probably never buying a Supra as I'd never fit.

Once I got on the test drive and adjusted the seat and steering wheel I realized that I fit fine.

Silvertt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many
I was very surprised the first time I sat in the MKV. Shortest range for the seat leg length I’ve ever been in. I’m around 6’2” 220. Both seat I have all the was back to fit and am right up against the bar in the back. I’ve owned many cars and this is by far the shortest. Like S2000 short.

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
I am 6 foot - and about 275-280 - I have no issue getting in or out and the seats are very comfortable. I drove home from the dealer 6 hours - and didn't have any discomfort except getting the right position as a new car. I have it set in memory now -

As for getting in - Same thing - Just shoot your leg all the way in and sit down.
I haven't set my memory yet, mainly because I don't plan for anyone else to be driving... Lol.

I actually get in the opposite way --- I sit-down like a chair and turn in. I feel like shooting my leg over is just waiting for my outside foot to slip on a wet surface and I go tumbling to the ground lol

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
5’7” 165lbs. Have yet to sit in one but I think I’m going to be okay.

SLVR Stealth

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ZZT230 Supercharged
5”11 195lbs. Didn’t feel tight for me but fits perfectly snug. Seat is completely adjustable along with steering position. All the controls are in positions. Being a 2020 car it’s going to have a ton of buttons but not overwhelming to say the least. The steering wheel has a massive horn pad and steering wheel ring has good grip on the handles when turning. Having two pedals gives you more room on the floor board to relax your left foot. It’s a real coupe not a 2+2 config so you get that feeling everything is very close and everything just wraps all around you. My car is caged so I can see how some people may feel or think it’s tight due to the sightline dropping below your head. Feels like the roof is protecting you all around the way it hangs over the edges. The rear view feels very sporty how the glass on the hatch narrows downward between the seats versus a mid engine car you are lucky if you even see anything in the back. Turn your head and look back and the subwoofers are right behind you making things feel even closer. Look to the right outer mirror and you see the massive width of the rear quarter panels. The rpm tach is right in your face between the steering wheel and easy to see. Makes it special like previous old Toyota jdm vehicles where the true TRD tachs were center focused. H.u.d is an awesome feature. Everything is in the perfect place dead center. You don’t need to press the screen to turn on the A.C lol. For me it feels perfect versus all the coupes I’ve driven. Coming from mid engine sports car Lotus Exige, mr2, the new Supra is much bigger inside. Compare it to the older Supra it’s slightly midsize loosing the rear seats and an optional open targa top. Off Topic if you Compare it to a 7th gen Celica where it felt like a cockpit design even in how the vent register controls were designed the style cues off the mkiv carried a little to the 7th Celica along with the seats. New Supra has similar room up to a Celica with a European feel stays sportier, sophisticated, and modern. Just glad Toyota didn’t make the dash take up half the entire car. You definitely are cut off from holding hands with your loved if your that type of person haha but I’ll say atleast you have somewhere to rest your arm on long drives near the cup holders. Toyota put thought into practicality for sure. There is definitely a driver orientated feel for sure.

J’s Mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Phantom Premium
I’m 6-7 250 and I fit, but I’d sure fit better if that stabilizer bar behind the seat could be removed, anyone know how to remove it.