Supra facelift discussion thread

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
If you're thinking about trading your car in because of some stylistic weirdness.. I guess, more power to ya. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These are a little bizarre. The factory brakes perform really well. I suppose I don't do any circuit or AutoX style racing, only drag, but I've been been in a shutdown so short where the factory brake under perform..

No idea why you care about how the other model looks to you. Is this like a weird "i bought the 3.0" flex thing?

Sport+ sucks. It messes with timing and boost control at weird places in the powerband. 3rd and 4th gear hang around 3k RPMs so you're already in a boost-y spot in the powerband.

Overall, solid list.
How about blatant cheesiness for the vents?

And why do you care about what I care about so much? Yes, I do want it further distinguished because it's supposed to be. BMW and Toyota go out of their way to distinguish their larger displacement models - heck I think every manufacturer does and has been doing it for a very long time.

Ya glad you think my list is solid 🙄
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

And why do you care about what I care about so much? Yes, I do want it further distinguished because it's supposed to be. BMW and Toyota go out of their way to distinguish their larger displacement models - heck I think every manufacturer does and has been doing it for a very long time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Is an actual mid-cycle refresh even going to happen at this point? If anything it seems like the 2023 MY is going to be it with new wheels/transmission/suspension retuning/colors/upgraded sound system and such.

Last edited:

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
If you're thinking about trading your car in because of some stylistic weirdness.. I guess, more power to ya.
Not to mention, the car looked the same when you decided to drop a buncha cash and buy it - you DID look at it first, dincha ?? :hmm:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Not to mention, the car looked the same when you decided to drop a buncha cash and buy it - you DID look at it first, dincha ?? :hmm:
I'm actually blind.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium

Toyota didn't do it for the mk4, why would they do it for the mkv?

The car looks awesome, and the larger brakes and wheels are good enough distinctions.
Having a Supra is already a flex for most people, if you need additional compensation styling over the 2.0, the aftermarket gives you plenty of headroom.

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
Toyota didn't do it for the mk4, why would they do it for the mkv?

The car looks awesome, and the larger brakes and wheels are good enough distinctions.
Having a Supra is already a flex for most people, if you need additional compensation styling over the 2.0, the aftermarket gives you plenty of headroom.
There's a lot of things Toyota did to this car that they didn't do to the older models...

Well-finished brake rotors has always been attractive to me - and they seem very correct on the vast majority of performance cars - Porsches put them on the 718s and 911s, AMG sport packages, Lexus xxF, BMW M's etc... Mustangs no

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I wouldn't mind them offering that targa top they built for SEMA...oh and front end update could be nice

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The same people that keep saying that this car won't get a facelift are the same ones that were saying it wouldn't get a manual. :lol:
People just don't want their resale to be affected haha. Reminds me of the MK4 retards that talk smack about RHD cars because they're worried about the market being flooded with cars from Japan.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
People just don't want their resale to be affected haha. Reminds me of the MK4 retards that talk smack about RHD cars because they're worried about the market being flooded with cars from Japan.
To be fair I don't see why they're so worried as the LHD models are way more valuable anyways.