Supra at Nürburgring

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
He took the tires to their limits at every turn. Sounds like he did not turn off the engine noise piped into the cabin. Hahah... for our benefits, I guess. Looks like a pretty proficient driver. I'll never be able to drive my Supra like that ... too scared I might wrap it around a tree.

OP
OP
Paolo

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Some more details of setup this guy ran:
Specs of this Supra MK5 : - 340 ch - 500 Nm - 0 - 100 km/h : 4,3 sec - Top speed : 250 km/h Setup on this lap : - Sport mode - VSC off - Tires : Michelin Pilot Super Sport Track conditions : - Dry - Air : 30°c

Very exceptional driver especially with vsc off and at these high speeds. Makes motor journalists look like rookies.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
This reminds me of when I had a Boss 302 and attended the Boss Track Attack at Miller Motorsports Park. When I went on the hot lap with the instructor driving, who was a Nascar driver, he was always in at least one gear higher than me around any given corner because he was going so much faster. Every turn was taken with the tires at the absolute maximum level of adhesion meaning that the car was virtually always on the verge of sliding off the track, yet never did. Professional drivers are almost superhuman.

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Some more details of setup this guy ran:
Specs of this Supra MK5 : - 340 ch - 500 Nm - 0 - 100 km/h : 4,3 sec - Top speed : 250 km/h Setup on this lap : - Sport mode - VSC off - Tires : Michelin Pilot Super Sport Track conditions : - Dry - Air : 30°c

Very exceptional driver especially with vsc off and at these high speeds. Makes motor journalists look like rookies.
He is a french motor journalist. Look for L’argus on YouTube ;)

Q8_TwinTurbo

First Name
Athbi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Porsche 965 Turbo 3.6, 2001 Porsche 996 Turbo, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X
Paolo,

Thanks for sharing that video.
I really enjoyed watching the video of that very potent car journalist driving the MKV Supra around the Nurburgring at it's full potential. A very capable driver and a track worthy car as a base.
Sponsored