SUPRA ULTIMATE JB4 GUIDE AND LOG REVIEW (V1)

sa90h

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0
Okay, then maybe I will try Map 4. Is the excess amount of boost creating the poor timing in that case?

Also, sorry for all of the random questions, I'm trying to learn more about tuning.

Thanks.
Also, should I adjust the FF because it looks like it helped Mustafa who seems to be having a similar issue to me.
Sponsored

SupraGR3.0

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 8AT
its not bad, but car is wanting to run a lot of boost, hurting timing a bit. Want to try out Map 4? Some cars prefer absolute mode.

Remember to set FF to 40 after switching maps.
So it has been almost a month - sincere apologies - but haven't had a chance to run new log... vacation/cruise, etc. and in the meantime, I swapped between maps (after attempting a log few weeks back... and yet failed to "stop logging" so it didn't pick it up) and FF reset ... failed to reprogram before running this one yesterday... 🤦‍♂️ ... figured I would still post...

Map 4: https://datazap.me/u/supragr30p/202...-36&zoom=164-202&trim=0&tmin=0.25&tmax=471.75

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

sa90h

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0
You have a 2020, just get an actual real ECU tune. You'll get real timing, real fueling, real throttle mapping, real boost via real load and torque targets, etc.
I understand that but I’m worried about something happening and then warranty gets voided. I think I’d have better luck keeping warranty with JB4

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
They can tell you have run a JB4 but I get it.
eh if they really wanted to... I recently worked with someone who had their turbo replaced under warranty despite JB4 Map 3 killing it 😆

please don't run map 3, especially without tuning for your catless DP

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@SupraGR3.0 , @sa90h , @mustafazumit

You guys just wanna PM me your latest logs? These are all needing a bit more work and it is hard to keep track of revisions here. This thread is good for a quick review but not trial & error thru multiple revisions 😅

SupraGR3.0

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 8AT
@SupraGR3.0 , @sa90h , @mustafazumit

You guys just wanna PM me your latest logs? These are all needing a bit more work and it is hard to keep track of revisions here. This thread is good for a quick review but not trial & error thru multiple revisions 😅
Done - thank you, and have asked for your info so I can show my true appreciation (financially) for your help/assistance/support/time/knowledge sharing... 🙏❤☮

JohnnyRingo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, F250 Lariat Super Duty, Acura RSX
eh if they really wanted to... I recently worked with someone who had their turbo replaced under warranty despite JB4 Map 3 killing it 😆

please don't run map 3, especially without tuning for your catless DP
I had my downpipe replaced because the cat went bad and they specifically scanned my ECU for tuning evidence to decide if my warranty covered the issue. I obviously removed the JB4 before taking it in. They couldn't find any evidence of anything ever being done to my car and subsequently honored my warranty.

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
So just curious. If you have an e30 tune and don’t have fast access to e85 can you mix 106 octane at the same ratio and be okay?

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So just curious. If you have an e30 tune and don’t have fast access to e85 can you mix 106 octane at the same ratio and be okay?
Yeah, theoretically that should be even better since it won't reduce fueling headroom like E85. Should achieve same octane

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
just be advised that leaded gas (usually anything over 100 is leaded) will foul cats and wideband o2 sensors in a hurry. You should be able to tell by the color of your exhaust tips. If you're blending enough that they turn visibly white, then that powder is also coating your O2 sensors.

if you're driving an older car, narrowbands can handle it fine for a little bit longer, but it will still kill them.

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
just be advised that leaded gas (usually anything over 100 is leaded) will foul cats and wideband o2 sensors in a hurry.

if you're driving an older car, narrowbands can handle it fine for a little bit longer, but it will still kill them.
Never really occurred to me that it is still commonly leaded at that octane. I know there are still unleaded options at 106, so I guess it depends what they're gonna run. Obviously don't put leaded gas in your car 😆

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
I mean, it's probably fine for drag racers, since those guys are ok with replacing parts pretty often and the labor to replace the sensor is trivial.
Sponsored