• Total voters

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Lmao so apparently there’s people on the z forum saying the dyno sheet by ams was fake 😂😂😂

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Lmao so apparently there’s people on the z forum saying the dyno sheet by ams was fake 😂😂😂
Post the dyno graph and include the link to this site

What's their forum censorship thing coming to? People can't even post something factual now?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
There were people saying, and AMS deleted it. I'm not exactly sure I'd be surprised. AMS is right down the street and I've never seen one around (clearly that means nothing).

It's possible AMS is under some embargo and wasn't supposed to share, and that's why it got deleted, but.. Streisand Effect.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Maybe AMS meant it as a joke? Or possibly the 400z really is just that underpowered. Weird situation

Reactions: zrk

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Lol yeah, and to put it in perspective.

An iPhone 3GS was released the same time as the 370Z. And now we're at iPhone 13+

The 86 Twins is already in a second generation.

The Ford Mustang GT from 2009 made 300HP to making 460HP today.

Obviously I can go on and on since it's been a 14 year gap, just for Nissan to reskin it with a retro-heritage body and call it a new thing. Carlos Ghosn is gone, but his culture is clearly still alive and kicking.

Nissan "fans" they need to demand better than that.
I swear Nissan fanboys are stuck in the 1980s or something, they don't seem to realise that $50k today can get you far more impressive performance cars than this outdated, low quality and low effort Z.

I can't wait to see the Z to get demolished by Camaro SS 1LEs and 3.0 GR Supras, and here what kind of excuses those diehard Nissan fanboys are going to come up with🤣.

AirAlexie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Guys - the fact of the matter is this.

we MUST be greatful for this car. Competition is good, it’s what keeps OEM’s working for our money. Do you honestly think Toyota was going to put a manual transmission into the Supra “ just because “ ? No lol they did it because Nissan was about to steal 3/4 of their customers.

this is something a lot of you are overlooking.

is the Supra a better car? Of course it is. You don’t get against BMW power & technology. They are a top shelf OEM.

however, the base manual Z, which is the one ALOT of people want is $39K. That’a a while $15-17K cheaper than the Supra. You cannot sit there and tell me that saving $20K( with taxes and other nonsense ) and getting similar performance is something to over look.

y’all need to also realize that Nissan gave us this car with next to nothing available to them. Nissan was on the verge of bankruptcy. Nissan, the company that gave us the Skyline, Silvia, Sentra, Club K’s, GTR etc. Yes, THAT company was about to shut its doors. In the middle of all of that, this car was being developed deep within their walls.

and some of y’all have the audacity to complain? Cmon. Y’all need to be rejoicing that this company who pretty much own the tuner world, who almost shut its doors, came out with this car the way they did.

I for one hope and wish it wild success. Nissan is trying to find its soul again. Instead of badmouthing, convince. Convince people to buy that car. Toyota doesn’t need it, they do. Because competition is good and it’s what will keep companies like Toyota and Honda giving us amazing cars.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I love when people say Toyota made a manual Supra because of the Z. Because they can just take a car, COMPLETELY rip it's guts out, develop a bespoke transmission case, redo the interior, test it, go through all the certified crap, appease the EPA, all within a year? JUST because of Nissan??

Yeah..... no.

Toyota made it, because their buyers asked for it. Nothing more, nothing less. And it's been in development long before the Z was announced.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I love when people say Toyota made a manual Supra because of the Z. Because they can just take a car, COMPLETELY rip it's guts out, develop a bespoke transmission case, redo the interior, test it, go through all the certified crap, appease the EPA, all within a year? JUST because of Nissan??

Yeah..... no.

Toyota made it, because their buyers asked for it. Nothing more, nothing less. And it's been in development long before the Z was announced.
Lol this is so accurate haha I work in the automotive industry and I see the crap we go through just to get emissions testing, epa and carb testing and how long it takes to design, prototype, get tooling and actual samples and then go into production.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7

we MUST be greatful for this car.

however, the base manual Z, which is the one ALOT of people want is $39K. That’a a while $15-17K cheaper than the Supra. You cannot sit there and tell me that saving $20K( with taxes and other nonsense ) and getting similar performance is something to over look.
Same old tired argument. Using the performance of the top model with the price of the base. Then using the price of the top Supra. If you're going by msrp and you want to compare performance vs price. Then you can use a base 3.0 at 53 vs the performance Z at 51. So for a similar performance level its only about 2k less and you get a whole lot less for that 2k savings. Or else you're comparing a 41k Z that will run most likely a 13.4 and be terrible around a track stock.

We don't have to be anything. Nissan also the company that gave us such great tuning hits like the heritage sticker kit, or the 50th anniversary sticker kit. Want me to buy a car from them? Then make a car worth buying. Z would have been a good deal if the performance wasn't a 10k upgrade over sport.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

we MUST be greatful for this car. Competition is good, it’s what keeps OEM’s working for our money. Do you honestly think Toyota was going to put a manual transmission into the Supra “ just because “ ? No lol they did it because Nissan was about to steal 3/4 of their customers.

is the Supra a better car? Of course it is. You don’t get against BMW power & technology. They are a top shelf OEM.

y’all need to also realize that Nissan gave us this car with next to nothing available to them. Nissan was on the verge of bankruptcy. Nissan, the company that gave us the Skyline, Silvia, Sentra, Club K’s, GTR etc. Yes, THAT company was about to shut its doors. In the middle of all of that, this car was being developed deep within their walls.

and some of y’all have the audacity to complain? Cmon. Y’all need to be rejoicing that this company who pretty much own the tuner world, who almost shut its doors, came out with this car the way they did.

I for one hope and wish it wild success. Nissan is trying to find its soul again. Instead of badmouthing, convince. Convince people to buy that car. Toyota doesn’t need it, they do. Because competition is good and it’s what will keep companies like Toyota and Honda giving us amazing cars.
I.. generally agree with you, competition is good, I hope Nissan is successful, etc. but come the fuck on. I don't have to be grateful for anything. Car companies and their shareholders don't care about us or the cars (sure some employees do, but the organization as a whole- does not give a fuck), they care about money.

Personally, I'm not complaining, but I do have the audacity to if I wanted. Fuck the car companies, and the EPA, and FUCK THE FREE WORLD. Toyota brought us a Supra because we asked for it, manual trans because we asked for it- not in response to the Z.

realize that Nissan gave us
Nissan (or Toyota, or Honda, Or BMW for that matter) doesn't give us anything. They give the shareholders profit. That's it and that's all.

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
I.. generally agree with you, competition is good, I hope Nissan is successful, etc. but come the fuck on. I don't have to be grateful for anything. Car companies and their shareholders don't care about us or the cars (sure some employees do, but the organization as a whole- does not give a fuck), they care about money.

Personally, I'm not complaining, but I do have the audacity to if I wanted. Fuck the car companies, and the EPA, and FUCK THE FREE WORLD. Toyota brought us a Supra because we asked for it, manual trans because we asked for it- not in response to the Z.

Nissan (or Toyota, or Honda, Or BMW for that matter) doesn't give us anything. They give the shareholders profit. That's it and that's all.
Couldn't have said this any better. Mic drop moment.

Just adding in people need to stop looking at companies as living entities. They are corporations that at the end of the day, are out to make profit.
Sponsored