Featured Supra vs Mustang GT Track Battle [Throttle House]

Discussion in 'Supra versus... (no street racing stories)' started by JT, Sep 19, 2019.

1. JT

JT Administrator

Car(s):
    Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    James and Thomas take the new 2020 Toyota Supra and pit it against the Ford Mustang GT with Performance Pack 1 in a full track test: Drag race, drifting, and lap times! Can the Mustang overcome its weight disadvantage to overpower the Supra? Watch to find out!

Guff and XtremeMaC like this.
  2. nimdavii

nimdavii Active Member

Car(s):
    Supra
    Liked:
    I am more surprised that the Civic Type R was a second faster than the Supra. I knew the Civic was a great car, but I was not expecting that.

Still glad to see that he liked being in the Supra, car and driver connection is more important to me than lap times.

JT and XtremeMaC like this.
  3. RenierR10

RenierR10 Active Member

First Name:
    Alexis
    Car(s):
    MKV Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Not bad considering Supra still has pilot super sports.

XtremeMaC likes this.
  4. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    5G 4Runner, MK7 Golf, AZW LE Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    This test doesn't make sense to me. Both the Mustang and the Supra should have been way faster. It's odd, because I know in other tests the Supra handled amazingly and ran really good times and the Mustang is also very capable as well.

It's even weirder that they were both slower than the M2 which is usually the slowest of the three.

CJ- likes this.
  5. justbake

justbake Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    F10 535i, E30 325e
    Liked:
    I don't think these two are professional drivers by any means

redspencer likes this.
  6. s219

s219 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Doc
    Car(s):
    BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Honda S2000
    Liked:
    The one guy Thomas is a real good driver and an instructor, and he does all the timed laps. I would expect he could extract the best from each car as long as he does enough laps to dial in properly. I don't think they make any effort to correct for weather, tire variability, or have an understanding of uncertainty or repeatability, so I wouldn't put too much stock into their long list of times for the various cars. I would have liked to see the M2C and Civic-R tested on the same day and know what condition all the tires were in to make a conclusive comparison of the four cars. Don't know if there would still be 2 seconds difference or not. Also don't know much about their track, but if there are enough high speed legs then it would favor the M2C over the Supra since the S55 has more guts on the top end.

7. Gearbangin

Gearbangin Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Larry
    Car(s):
    2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
    Liked:
    Test is flawed. Here is my bone stock Supra doing multiple laps with a Shelby 350 driven by an instructor. He said afterward he couldn’t shake that new Supra. Lol. My buddy was behind him in the lunch line.

kona61 likes this.