Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Hi Guys,

I will be venturing over to Europe soon.
Any idea if you can switch the the readings to km/h from MPH?
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hi ya,

I checked the owners manual section 3 -> 3.1 -> Displays -> page 162 onwards, annoyingly couldn't seem to find this! :-(

Does seem odd, I wonder if a dealership can change it for you if the trip across the pond is long enough to justify it.

I moved from (km/h) country to UK (mp/h) and it was not too bad to get used to.

For most motorways in Europe the speed limit is between 110-130 kmh FYI, country roads around 60-90 kmh and in town between 30-50 kmh, but will slightly vary depending on the country.

Hopefully you're going to Germany for an autobahn blast! :)

Regards

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Hi ya,

I checked the owners manual section 3 -> 3.1 -> Displays -> page 162 onwards, annoyingly couldn't seem to find this! :-(

Does seem odd, I wonder if a dealership can change it for you if the trip across the pond is long enough to justify it.

I moved from Italy (km/h) to UK (mp/h) and it was not too bad to get used to.

For most motorways in Europe the speed limit is between 110-130 kmh FYI, country roads around 60-90 kmh and in town between 30-50 kmh, but will slightly vary depending on the country.

Hopefully you're going to Germany for an autobahn blast! :)

Regards
Thanks for checking! Its weird as I assumed it was a requirement to have some form of KMPH reading on the speedo.

Might need to look at coding possibly if its an option in bimmercode or something. Just wondered if anyone else on here who takes trips across manages?

Defiantly looking forward to the Autobahn! ;)

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
44A98A88-4929-4AE3-8A83-E87138763222.jpeg

I'm in the US. I coded the additional speedometer in km/h just cause i wanna have that second option. Go on bimmercode and under instrument cluster, it'll give you the option to code in additional speedometer in km/h or mph

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
44A98A88-4929-4AE3-8A83-E87138763222.jpeg

I'm in the US. I coded the additional speedometer in km/h just cause i wanna have that second option. Go on bimmercode and under instrument cluster, it'll give you the option to code in additional speedometer in km/h or mph
Ahh brilliant that's what I was looking for! I honestly don't understand why they can't just add it to the main car menu in the fist place if it's changeable!
Thanks!

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh brilliant that's what I was looking for! I honestly don't understand why they can't just add it to the main car menu in the fist place if it's changeable!
Thanks!
Technically it is in the menu, it's under vehicle settings and under units, but i like both options being up since i also kinda wanna learn how to translate km/h to mph just in case i get an import car down the road lol
Sponsored

Reactions: Dan