Tablet mount?

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
I would like to mount my iPad Pro in the Supra. Does anyone have an idea for a good solution?

I would like to have it somewhere in the center. Whether it covers the air conditioning controls or even the main screen doesn't matter.

I just want it to sit somewhere centered and be properly fixed because I want it to stay mounted while driving. I drive relatively hard and the iPad is quite heavy.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I would like to mount my iPad Pro in the Supra. Does anyone have an idea for a good solution?

I would like to have it somewhere in the center. Whether it covers the air conditioning controls or even the main screen doesn't matter.

I just want it to sit somewhere centered and be properly fixed because I want it to stay mounted while driving. I drive relatively hard and the iPad is quite heavy.
I don't have an answer to this question, but I have to ask..

Why the fuck would you want a giant non-tactile screen anywhere near you while you're driving?

OP
OP

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
I kind of expected that. :D

I have trips now and then where I constantly have to enter new addresses as destinations. This works better on a large and fast iPad than with the Supra navigation. An iPhone would be an alternative, but splitscreen only works on iPads and I need Maps and Messages at the same time. And actually, the iPhone is too small for me, too.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I have trips now and then where I constantly have to enter new addresses as destinations. This works better on a large and fast iPad than with the Supra navigation. An iPhone would be an alternative, but splitscreen only works on iPads and I need Maps and Messages at the same time. And actually, the iPhone is too small for me, too.
I swear there is a way to email yourself an address and link it quickly to the Supra navigation...thought I read something like that in the forums here.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I use this for my phone: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0928KNCSS and it is so strong I have to man handle it to get it off the mount if you have the metal backing on the outside of the case and directly touching the magnetic mount part. It comes with two and two spaced out with two metal plates on the back of the case should be enough to hold it. I'd do it where I put the red lines on the dash in this picture.

Mount.JPG

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Do you not use CarPlay?? and speech to text..

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
The seat mount looks good to be honest.

I use this for my phone: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0928KNCSS and it is so strong I have to man handle it to get it off the mount if you have the metal backing on the outside of the case and directly touching the magnetic mount part. It comes with two and two spaced out with two metal plates on the back of the case should be enough to hold it. I'd do it where I put the red lines on the dash in this picture.

Mount.JPG
I dont trust magnets, had one of those in my last car and my phone dropped. I use the ProClip for my iPhone.

As far as I know it doesnt work anymore, but otherwise its not a solution in my case. But thanks. :)

Do you not use CarPlay?? and speech to text..
I do, but I get coordinates, its hard for me to use speech to text on those :D

I dont want to give more information on that, but yeah. I just need to mount that thing but never tried to mount a tablet. :D Its way more complicated than a phone.

dont hung up on the reason. if you have an idea, im happy, but you dont need to understand me. let's just assume that im weird. that makes it easier. :D

OP
OP

Don Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium
Highly recommend the Pro Clip + RAM mount system. I will pull the dashboard apart before that thing is falling off.

I use it to mount my Garmin Catalyst for the track. Which is basically a tablet. Rock solid.

I already have the ProClip. And to see you on the track convinces me.
I try :)

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.

This is the best.
https://www.proclipusa.com/collections/dashboard-mounts-toyota-supra-2022

https://www.proclipusa.com/pages/product-finder#holder
Sponsored