Tesla CyberTruck

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
Who is ready to shell out $ for this Truck? Starting at $39K. It's stronger than any other Trucks, Bulletproof, made from "Strong Steal" and faster than a Porsche.

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

Single Motor RWD Specs: $39,900
  • 0-60 MPH<6.5 SECONDS
  • RANGE250+ MILES
  • DRIVETRAINREAR-WHEEL DRIVE
  • STORAGE100 FT3
  • VAULT LENGTH6.5 FT
  • TOWING CAPACITY7,500+ LBS
  • AUTOPILOTSTANDARD
  • ADAPTIVE AIR SUSPENSIONSTANDARD
  • GROUND CLEARANCEUP TO 16"
  • APPROACH ANGLE35 DEGREES
  • DEPARTURE ANGLE28 DEGREES
Dual Motor AWD Specs: $49,900
  • 0-60 MPH<4.5 SECONDS
  • RANGE300+ MILES
  • DRIVETRAINDUAL MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
  • STORAGE100 FT3
  • VAULT LENGTH6.5 FT
  • TOWING CAPACITY10,000+ LBS
  • AUTOPILOTSTANDARD
Tri Motor AWD Specs: $69,900
  • 0-60 MPH<2.9 SECONDS
  • RANGE500+ MILES
  • DRIVETRAINTRI MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE
  • STORAGE100 FT3
  • VAULT LENGTH6.5 FT
  • TOWING CAPACITY14,000+ LBS
  • AUTOPILOTSTANDARD
02_Desktop.jpg

04_Desktop.jpg
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
who knew industrial designers would turn to minecraft for design inspirations :) :rofl:

GirlRepellent

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I’m all about it! I was looking at leasing a Jeep Gladiator 6spd for a winter car but instead I ordered a tri-motor Cybertruck.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
People on Instagram are STILL in disbelief. People actually are like "IS ELON ACTUALLY TROLLING US?!" or "NO WAY THIS IS JUST A JOKE... RIGHT???".

It's actually quite hilarious to see some people's reactions. Looks like a cross between a DeLorean and an Aztek.

KingTai

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Elon Musk stated on Twitter that it was for the Memes but overall I think the truck is super cool though the design is very unique but it'll definitely stand out compared to the other trucks on the road. The spec of the cybertruck is insane and lowkey considering it as a daily. :headbang:

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
I can't believe the rapture motor journalists are praising this thing.

I have nothing against Tesla, but seriously this belongs in the robowars TV show.

OP
OP
Daigor

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
Elon Musk is planning to release Magnetic Car Skins that will attach to the Stainless Steal body. These Skins will start at $8000 and will allow the Customers to customize any settings they prefer. Up to 1000 different Combinations. They will be released in Q4 of 2021. Early adopters will get a Free Skin once the car rolls off the Production Line in late 2021! Put your deposits in today!

qwDKaDR.jpg

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
The good that I can say about it is that its completely polarizing exterior design looks like something out of early 80's futurist Syd Mead conceptual artwork. Actually Syd Mead even publicly commented on the CyberTruck's design, praising it as a buck to the unwavering idea of what a "truck" is supposed to look like.

That said I think it looks cool as a something that just ripped a hole in the fabric of space-time and drove in from an adjacent dystopian brutal cyberpunk reality but that is only going to appeal to so many people who actually want that kind of vehicle.

But as a practical truck that can steal sales away from the likes of the Ford F150/250/350, Chevy Silverado and Dodge Ram? Um... not... really. You can't customize on top of the rear bed or remove it entirely to make a contractor vehicle out of it for one thing.

And the "steering yoke" in place of an actual steering wheel has to go and get replaced by an actual steering WHEEL. Ask anyone who has driven an 80s KITT Knight Rider replica with the full picture car style interior including the steering yoke and how it feels to use that style of steering interface. It looks cool on the old TV show but in the real world the general consensus is that it sucks compared to a traditional round steering wheel.

For another if the "base pricing" for the Tesla Model 3 has been any indication it is NOT going to be made easy to order the $39k trim levels. Rather buyers will be funneled toward more upmarket trims of the Cybertruck going for a considerably higher asking price than the "base" models.

The performance and towing specs ARE impressive so long as you don't hit very cold outside temperatures that will severely affect battery range and overall performance. Range while towing a large loaded trailer or other large multi-axle addition will be affected over long haul trips.

Finally there is the issue of service: Tesla has an abysmal history of months long waiting times for service at various times in various places in the U.S. They also flat out refuse to sell factory replacement parts directly to Tesla vehicle owners. There is also no access to factory technical repair manuals. A hard "no" to both for any owners who ask.

Tesla also strongly opposes and lobbies against Right to Repair legislation and sides with Apple and John Deere on in their lobbying efforts against it in many states. Elon Musk and Tesla Motors really do not want you to try to make your own repairs to any of the Tesla vehicles let alone take them to any independent repair shops that would work on them.

Do you own or buy a Tesla that gets a Salvage title due to being too expensive to repair that dented fender after the vehicle is just old enough to trigger an insurance company to total it out when it's in otherwise perfectly good running order? Whoops... sorry about that but don't expect Tesla to help you repair it or sell you any parts for it.

Just on the basis of not being able to buy factory parts for your out of warranty Tesla or access any factory repair manuals for it for a fee (such as Toyota allows with their online TIS system) I don't see a supposed workhorse truck from them being a good long term investment at all.

Unless you're exceptional like the guy behind the Rich Rebuilds youtube channel. If you're as savvy as he is and have a small warehouse of spare Tesla parts at your disposal and first hand knowledge of how to tear down and reconstruct entire Tesla vehicles WITHOUT the help of the manufacturer in any way whatsoever then by all means own a new Tesla for longer than the warranty period or buy one used.

I think it looks neat if you WANT to drive around in something that looks like it belongs in a William Gibson cyberpunk novel. It's a style of VERY narrow appeal but the world is full of weird looking vehicles and this one will have its own niche following. All cool for those who really want it and don't plan to keep it for too long past the factory warranty period. But meanwhile I think a lot of people want a more traditional truck shape regardless of whether or not it's an EV.

Last edited:

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
As someone who bought a Mk5 Supra, the Cybertruck is a bit too much angle for me in the design, gotta have some nice curves. I have no personal issue with Tesla/electric cars but they're definitely not for me at this time. The points Kahn brought up are what concern me alot, electric cars can be hard to get serviced anywhere besides the dealer. That being said, I hope that anyone who buys them enjoys it, that's all that matters with a car anyways.

I think that aside from the memes, Musk is going after people who aren't already truck people. I think it was Doug Demuro's video that brought up the point that the truck market is one of the most solidified demographics (thus the hardest to enter into and compete). Keep in mind though that the car's design may change alot between now and launch, as it definitely needs to add a few things to meet US safety regs. As Kahn also said, I think Tesla is just continuing their trend of trying to attract people from outside the usual demographic for that model's car class, and then others may trickle in afterwards.

One thing I gotta admit, Elon is clever with building hype, especially with that F-150 towing video. Even though the tow test meant nothing, it still got tons of people talking about the truck.
Sponsored