The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
:D

I put down Japan more to throw people off, but you pretty much just ended that lol... I'm USA based and travel to both Europe and Japan however.
I questioned this one based on your posting times. Odd hours for someone working in Japan. :p
Sponsored

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
i was under the impression that you're a.k.a "Morizo"? xD
joking aside, i really appreciate what you're doing, and i "really" hope it doesn't get you in any -NDA- troubles.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I was fairly concerned with that actually, but somehow I've ended up not having to sign any NDAs for the information around this car. There are some other projects however where I'd be liable for anything and everything.

Wish I was cool enough to be Morizo haha.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
A70TTR appreciate your comments (I did read you earlier post that you deleted and much more exciting when we thought you were in Japan..lol) That is the mystery of most things online...hard to know if real or not....who really knows....Regardless keep posting/sharing...

On another note, any thoughts on delivery dates to US/Canada...most of the car is done, ie. it has been in testing for some time now, so can it really be that far away?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When I was hanging out with some of the engineers in LA, I actually asked about how the car would be dispersed and when it's tentative release was supposed to be.

They said that marketing pretty much decides releases dates on their own once the car is done with testing, but they had no idea on specific time frame.

As far as general release goes, I was told it was originally planned to be sold as a 2019MY, but that development had already been pushed back a full year for quite some time (this was in August).

I do think the car will hit its current target of MY2020, but it's a shame it won't be out sooner.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Love your words makes it that much more mysterious who you really are, "while I was hanging out with the engineers in LA..."

So if the testing is done why the long estimated release to 2020? What does the MY mean market years?

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Thanks. So if MY2020, to be released late 2019?

Still waiting to hear why so long? Why the delay?
Did some indepth web searching and found this on a US site; Toyota confirmed reports that the all-new 2020 Supra will ditch the Toyota badge when it goes on sale during the second half of 2019, instead carrying the logo of the Japanese maker’s new sub-brand, Gazoo Racing.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah, the reasoning is a bit complex, but basically BMW and Akio/Gazoo threw wrenches into the gears and ended up pushing back devlopment. I covered some of it in other threads on here, but I dont even know which one or if it was more than one lol.

Thanks. So if MY2020, to be released late 2019?

Still waiting to hear why so long? Why the delay?
correct.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
When I was hanging out with some of the engineers in LA, I actually asked about how the car would be dispersed and when it's tentative release was supposed to be.
Yeah do we have any insight on distribution for a car like this? Usually people can order a sportscar to their spec, but Toyota doesn't usually let people order.

Will Gulf States Toyota just order a bunch of shit specs and sprinkle them on dealers as they see fit, as per uge?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's something I'd have to ask, but I have a feeling they don't know the answer to that aside from a guess.

Wasn't the mkiv like that, where it basically just came fully loaded because that's what dealers ordered?

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn't the mkiv like that, where it basically just came fully loaded because that's what dealers ordered?
Yup!

Marketing and Sales strategy is still tbd on this car, as it's still too far out. That is something we can get solid information when info does become available, as we are lucky to have friends at Toyota USA (some of which may be reading this very comment :D).

Just going off of my own experience though, I highly doubt this car will be sold as a TRD in the US. It is not likely, especially after the drama that led to the end of Scion, to be releasing a car again under a sub-brand. I am very sure it will be a Toyota, and if you ask anyone at Plano HQ, they'll tell you the same thing. Japan is a different story though.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
agreed on the TRD thing; although I'm sure there will be TRD parts and maybe even a special edition at some point.

and yeah, I'm fairly certain you and I know many of the same people, so this entire discussion is comical in more ways than one lol.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fairly certain you and I know many of the same people, so this entire discussion is comical in more ways than one lol.
:p:p:p

And yeah I have no doubt there will be a couple of special editions. Seems to be all Toyota USA knows how to do lol. FRS gets 1 or 2 new ones every year! Plus we'll get TRD aero, TRD catback/axleback, TRD door stabilizers, CFRP Strut Braces, etc etc. :confused1:
Sponsored