The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Thanks mate. Really appreciate the hints and insight you've given us. It's been lots of fun reading between the lines and getting a gauge on what the A90 Supra may end up like.

All the best on the new project.
Sponsored

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
A70 thanks for all you shared and provided, to this forum, keeping calm professional and neutral when some comments got a little heated, especially when you were seen in some cases as being somewhat responsible for decisions on the car...Anyway, best of luck in your new gig, and feel free to pipe in here with comments (or updates if possible lol) cheers...

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
i knew it! Thanks a lot akio-dono ..er.. sorry Tada-san...ummm...... Mr."SPX" lol
seriously though; highly appreciate your posts so far!

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
^ haha, I wish I was that cool or important, but then again if I was truly serious I'd try harder right?

Looks like we need a new inside source pronto - if the reveal isn't coming for another 9 months and Toyota stays tight-lipped, this forum will either go into sleep mode or start endlessly recycling old discussions and debates.
I wish you the best lol

Thanks mate. Really appreciate the hints and insight you've given us. It's been lots of fun reading between the lines and getting a gauge on what the A90 Supra may end up like.

All the best on the new project.
Thanks man, the new project is going to be the best yet IMO. It has been a pleasure.

A70 thanks for all you shared and provided, to this forum, keeping calm professional and neutral when some comments got a little heated, especially when you were seen in some cases as being somewhat responsible for decisions on the car...Anyway, best of luck in your new gig, and feel free to pipe in here with comments (or updates if possible lol) cheers...
I appreciate the kind words, but I've been guilty of getting a little edgy at times with some folks (only human), but thankfully everyone here is here to discuss and enjoy the same thing. I'd like to think we were accomplishing a good discussion.

I'll try to pop in here and there if I can.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
I want to personally thank everyone here for the laughs and discussion. Much of the information I collected here was passed on in different mediums and may have indirectly shaped the new car. This was a fun and entertaining exercise that also afforded me the ability to gauge and understand other enthusiasts when it comes to this particular platform. Unfortunately, it is now time for me to move on to a new project in my current role, of which I am highly excited about and have touched upon here and there previously on here :)

I might not be gone entirely, however I will likely have far less time to dedicate to the ongoing SPX project.

In closing, I think many of you will be very impressed with what is to come and will come to realize that the old adage of underpromise and overdeliver is a very important one.

Thank you.
*Cries in Toyota*

Thanks for everything, what's your new project?

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Despite the fact that the CT200h F-Sport shouldn't exist, I actually liked driving it. I wouldn't buy one, but all things considered it was decent.

See ya around.

Jeff

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interestingly enough, the reason the F-Sport treatment was given to cars like the CT-200 and damn near the rest of the lineup is because the engineers/project managers of those projects wanted to impress Akio, despite him not giving a damn about anything other than sportscar and racing haha. They knew they weren't gonna have actual F models, so next best thing?

Never knew that until one of the Toyota Japan guys told me lol.

decryphe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 AE86 Trueno GT-Apex 2-door, and a Camry
Thanks man, the new project is going to be the best yet IMO. It has been a pleasure.
Something even better than a Supra? MR2? Celica something? S-FR? Finally a GT86 refresh (and this time with I4)?

Or are we getting a proper AE86 replacement... light RWD coupe or hatchback grocery getter with I4? I mean, the Yaris GRMN was pretty close, but the engine was mounted the wrong way around and it had wrong-wheel-drive.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
Something even better than a Supra? MR2? Celica something? S-FR? Finally a GT86 refresh (and this time with I4)?

Or are we getting a proper AE86 replacement... light RWD coupe or hatchback grocery getter with I4? I mean, the Yaris GRMN was pretty close, but the engine was mounted the wrong way around and it had wrong-wheel-drive.
His hint was "F" so I'm assuming its either an F-type something or a Ford Fiesta

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Haha he's messing with you
Sponsored