The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

gte

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTR, GS350, 98 Quick Silver TT
Did you advise Toyota that Supra owners wanted a BMW inline 6 over a Toyota powerplant?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Did you advise Toyota that Supra owners wanted a BMW inline 6 over a Toyota powerplant?
I did not; I had a relatively small part to play all things considered and was lucky enough to have an opinion at all from the sidelines.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Damn sad to see ya go A70. I'll be honest once I realized we weren't going to see the car till next year I made my peace and moved on. lol.

Regarding the "F" for the next project he is probably referring to something Lexus is working on. Hopefully it wont be overweight with the same tired ass V8

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
@A70TTR I will miss you man, thanks for being a voice or reason and imagination. You were a huge part of the community and I hope you still hang out and comment every now and then. Thanks for being the bridge between us and Toyota, I look forward to being hopefully pleasantly surprised when the final product is released. :thumbsup:

Whenever I see a thread with your name on it, I always paid attention.

Best of luck man with your new journey, hope to see parts of your influence in the final product.

gte

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTR, GS350, 98 Quick Silver TT
Do you know if anyone did that you witnessed?

I did not; I had a relatively small part to play all things considered and was lucky enough to have an opinion at all from the sidelines.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
I feel like A70 has to drop one of his classic subtle hints on the SPX before he goes. Come on bud for old time sakes, also make it something juicy that will hold us over for another 8 months.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Do you know if anyone did that you witnessed?
Not to my knowledge, other than Tada himself. It wasn't so much that they wanted a BMW powerplant as it was that they had a current lineup of inline 6s already along with the associated running gear.

Had Toyota kept an inline 6 somewhere, like in a Lexus or something, we would have likely seen a Toyota powerplant for the Supra and a BMW powerplant for the Z4.

It was the heritage of Supra and inline 6 that made the difference in other words.