The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

OP
OP

A70TTR

Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
^ Those guys know far more than I do at this point, but to my understanding it was only going to run until 2025. Tada said early on that it was a fairly short run, and since then I've only seen production dates that line up with what you said (2025/26MY)

As to why, well :D

Thank you for this thread A70TTR :)
For sure! BTW, we are definitely still working with Mazda on some stuff, so keep your eyes peeled. I often say things that are meant to push folks into thinking out loud and by doing so they many times start to connect the dots of what is happening behind the scenes ;)
Advertisement

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
TNGA or CLAR?
I think I read Toyota said GA-L couldn't be shortened for the IS, so maybe perhaps GA-N which is used for the Crown and Mirai.

For sure! BTW, we are definitely still working with Mazda on some stuff, so keep your eyes peeled. I often say things that are meant to push folks into thinking out loud and by doing so they many times start to connect the dots of what is happening behind the scenes ;)
Sub 86 car and Miata replacement rumored by BestCar? :D

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
BTW, we are definitely still working with Mazda on some stuff, so keep your eyes peeled. I often say things that are meant to push folks into thinking out loud and by doing so they many times start to connect the dots of what is happening behind the scenes ;)
I other words, after the BMW A90 cycle ends, Mazda will power the A100.

KahnBB6

Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 5-speed 2JZGTE R154 LSD
I other words, after the BMW A90 cycle ends, Mazda will power the A100.
I was thinking this or possibly the next-gen IS powered by Mazda’s hybrid inline-six.

Mazda definitely has a reason to partner and share costs on their future RWD I6 coupe and sedan models, so there is that...

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Yep, it's what they wanted originally and pulled the plug on, but to be fair the tech wasn't really where it needed to be back then.
In the FTHS thread you said the following. So why not just restart the project instead of turning to BMW? It was reported that Tada started talking to the Germans around the same time period of said release date.

The FT-HS was slated to be the new Supra until the economy tanked. According to a few executives I've spoke with about this, it was already in development for production and would have been released sometime around 2011-2012 had the economy not failed. It was designed as 2+2, cockpit interior, and focused more on being a sports car than GT.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Do you have any information on the model that is supposed to sit between the RC and LC?

justbake

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I'm unaware of such a model.
A few reports have mentioned it, it doesn’t really make sense to me since the RC and LC are relatively close in size but I thought I’d ask.

“Toyota allegedly plans to use the Mazda-sourced rear-drive platform and inline-six engine first on a successor to its Mark X (pictured below) premium sedan. Lexus intends to implement these parts on a new coupe that would slot between the existing RCand LC.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/355606/lexus-rc-mazda-engine-rumor/amp/

OP
OP

A70TTR

Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Hm, very interesting. I am aware of plans with Mazda for a few different items and a few different rumors floating around, but I was not aware/hadn't heard of a new coupe using a Mazda platform.

Ill try to dig a bit and see what I get.

KahnBB6

Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 5-speed 2JZGTE R154 LSD
New SC/Soarer perhaps? : )

it would make sense if the core driveline is shared with other Toyota sports models.

Viselord

Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
^ Those guys know far more than I do at this point, but to my understanding it was only going to run until 2025. Tada said early on that it was a fairly short run, and since then I've only seen production dates that line up with what you said (2025/26MY)

As to why, well :D

Lol you give us a hint to why the big smile?

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Will the Supra be getting any new colors in the next model year?

Advertisement

Advertisement