OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Yeah... Might want to edit the title of this thread... a little misleading seeing it is not stock.

But, nice job keeping the exhaust tips clean. I could never keep them that shiny!
Sponsored

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Supra Premium
Let me just say this,, The Motor Officer knew Exactly what he was doing.

It wasn't a guess that the Citing's were very descriptive. Make no mistake, He, or someone he knows has driven or owns a Supra.

My question for you is, Are you driving the Supra around still before getting the Ticket written off??

Reactions: zrk

MYNEWFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Supra Premium
This officer doesn't know about Supras, he made it clear to me because he swore that the burbles in any form are illegal which didn't make sense to me because there are a hand full of manufacturers selling cars legally from factory with said burbles. He then goes on to tell me about his F-150 for some reason about it having a recall as if the burbles would be fixed off a "recall". The burbles are "toyota" bread and butter for the Supras, it was makes it gain a little more interest than what it has already to some crowds.

but yes, i will drive the supra, i have things scheduled to get the car in the clear from this REF issue. Everything is corrected and complaint so it is what it is. I just still think its blasphemy that a hellcat or a cammed out vette loud to the point where i have to start yelling or pause mid conversation can pass by them and they don't do shit. And i've witnessed this first hand, my work area revolves around many modified cars passing by... and doing fly bys because theres usually Supras out in the front for display with us workers watching them lol.
Good deal then. Because You were only able to drive the car home or to a shop for repairs the night of the citation, and should have been instructed by the Motor Officer of this. (CVC24004)

You do not want to be driving the car un repaired. It can lead to you wearing Nickel plated bracelets.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
This is absurd. W the state of our country, murderers, child molesters, etc. and they are worried about burbles. Nonsense
To be fair... many of those child molesters are elected officials... so yeah, if I was a cop - I'd be writing nice, safe fixit tickets too. As long as you don't use the wrong pronouns, you won't get yelled at by the higher-ups. ? (Yeah... somewhat sarcastic, but sadly not far from the truth either).

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
OP, and some others, are completely missing the bigger point. You are running (or ran - it seems the catless DP has been removed?) an illegal, pollution spewing exhaust. Someone mentioned fines as much as $20,000 for removing pollution control devices. I would not have felt bad for you for one second if that happened. There's a reason for those laws. I would like to breath clean air, I'd like for my kids to breath clean air, and I'd like for their kids and grandkids to breath clean air. Simple as that. And bitching about getting ticketed for your "stock" exhaust was a big ass lie. You know it and you can smell it. The rest of us can smell it too. Literally...

To summarize. OP broke the law, got caught, and was damn lucky all he got was a fix-it ticket.

And I am not against mods. To the contrary, I've modded the hell out of most of my cars since the early 90s. Several Mustangs, a Miata, and a Corvette. One of the Mustangs and the Corvette would not have passed Cali sound limits by a long shot but I did not touch the cats or any pollution related part ever.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Sorry for your experience. Another reason why I never drive my car around. lol.

Do yourself a favor and get a Sienna. I speed around in that thing all the time and cops treat me like I'm invisible.

evNftA.jpg
Also second the new Sienna. If Lexus made a minivan based on the sienna we’d be our over it. Love our AWD Plat. Everyone needs one lol.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Leave for where? Florida?

Nah, you guys ride around on sportsbikes with No helmets on. :p
It's not like we don't have squids here in Cali...

Also second the new Sienna. If Lexus made a minivan based on the sienna we’d be our over it. Love our AWD Plat. Everyone needs one lol.
oo man. If Lexus made one, I'd trade my Toyota in. Not complaining about the Sienna though. It's pretty nice for what it is.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I still want to understand the actual gains of a catless DP vs a high flow catted DP? I know the catted costs more but from my understanding gains are minimal under 700hp or so.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I still want to understand the actual gains of a catless DP vs a high flow catted DP? I know the catted costs more but from my understanding gains are minimal under 700hp or so.
That's my understanding. It's barely anything under high horsepower applications.
Sponsored