calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Have a funny experience to share here.

Yesterday I received a pack of 2 BMS spacers which I've been so excited to install. I installed one, looks great! Off to the second one. As I'm screwing in the bolts, one of the bolts refuses to screw in. I thought I was just stupid and that I was doing something wrong. Took me 15 minutes to realize that the bolt was defective, but not just any defect.

BEHOLD!

20230329_204352.jpg

THE IMPOSSIBLE BOLT

As you see the top one is a regular M14 bolt, but on the bottom is a bolt without angled/helical threads. It's basically rings on a shaft. My question is, HOW IS THIS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE??
The screw doesn't show any threads where it skipped during cutting. The threads are perfectly circular all around. I wasn't even upset about it, I was impressed. I showed it to friends who didn't believe me, and once they actually had it in hand, they could not believe it.

Probably the funniest, yet most bizarre thing I've seen in a while lmao
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
calmeda1

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here's a slighly better pic:

20230329_204352.jpg

OP
OP
calmeda1

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've bought three things from BMS and all three had some issue, they also basically told me I am doing life wrong when I enquired. No more BMS for me, ever.
Damn didn't know this, I always thought they had real good quality stuff. Guess I had to learn somehow lol

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've machined bolts from round stock. The process is fuzzy.... But I can't remember a way that could happen.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Damn didn't know this, I always thought they had real good quality stuff. Guess I had to learn somehow lol
you know better than this! I could have told you that, the BMS is meh, Motorsports hardware is the way to go!

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
OP
OP
calmeda1

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
On the bright the bright side, I've already had people offer to buy the bolt from me as a keepsake lmao

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Contrast this with my experience with Apex. One of the studs they sent had been dropped before it got to me and was damaged. I emailed them and they sent me *two* new ones out, no questions asked.

IMG_0722.jpeg

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Motorsports hardware is the way to go!
I have a motorsports hardware lug nut that was not cut properly on the inside so it just spins when you try to put it on, they replaced it when I contacted them about it - machining issues will happen with everything
Sponsored