The Lexus LC500 & LC500h, Plus LC-F Talk

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
You fellas see this today?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/lexus-confirms-production-version-of-stunning-lf-lc-sports-coupe/

I gotta think that this is somehow good for the production of the Supra since the company obviously aren't shying away from making an expensive sports coupe.
I don't think there's much of a chance that the FT1 / Supra / Whatever it's called won't be built. The joint platform with BMW is already going ahead so we know Toyota is going to build a mid-sized sports car which will be whatever the FT1 becomes.

daboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
various
Thats a pretty car. Never noticed how much the shape reminds me of the FT1 until now. What price point?

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Loved this car since I first saw it in person. Sharp looking car.
Me thinks there's no way that front bumper design makes the final design tho. Would never pass US regulations.

supraninja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
One of the most interesting things about this car for me is that Calty designed it and there was only one concept version. Might mean that there'll only be one FT1 concept model too.

Plus when the production LF-LC / SC is shown we'll see how much of the design is chsnged. Might tell us how much the FT1 might get changed for production too :dunno:

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
One of the most interesting things about this car for me is that Calty designed it and there was only one concept version. Might mean that there'll only be one FT1 concept model too.

Plus when the production LF-LC / SC is shown we'll see how much of the design is chsnged. Might tell us how much the FT1 might get changed for production too :dunno:
FYI Lexus European VP (Alain Uyttenhoven) said that the production version might look very close to the concept.

From a Dig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma

CALTY puts out some beautiful stuff! Are they designing the production version too?

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX

FT-1 and the LF-LC were similar in that they came out with 2 LF LC concepts with just different colors. I won't complain if they go straight into green lighting production after the graphite concept.

EvoX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo
Thats a pretty car. Never noticed how much the shape reminds me of the FT1 until now. What price point?
Price gonna depend on if they make make this the company halo car and if it's going to slot in where the LFA did or somewhere less expensive.

Found the quote that TC OFF posted about:

While speaking about the project with Autocar, Lexus European boss Alain Uyttenhoven said, “It is true that we are evaluating this car as a potential halo car, to take on the role of theLexus LFA supercar in a more affordable way. The LFA was an incredible project; it showed what we could do and it brought all sorts of positives to Lexus. One of our key priorities is to make Lexus a more emotional brand, and the appeal of this kind of car in the range is clear to us.”

Uyttenhoven also recently revealed that the production car will remain very similar to the bold concept. It remains to be seen however, just where the Lexus LF-LC will sit in the market and this will ultimately boil down to the engine or engines it is available with and how much it will cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

dsubrosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Yaris
Looks and sounds like it'll be a great car but why revive the SC name at all? :bonk:
No one who knows anything about cars thought about the SC as a sports car. Why don't they call it a LF-C or something? Like a follow up to the LF-A mame.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Lexus Trademarks LC 500 & LC 500h in Canada, USA, and Australia

Lexus has just trademarked LC 500 & LC 500h in the USA, Canada, & Australia, giving us the first clear indication of what to expect from the upcoming production LF-LC coupe.

This is huge news on multiple levels — there had been talk that the production LF-LC could resurrect the SC nameplate, but it appears the new coupe will adopt letters from its concept.

Bigger than the name are the two engine designations — there is currently no model in the Lexus lineup with either a 500 or 500h badge.

It’s possible to guess at the LC 500, as the RC F’s 467 horsepower 5.0L V8 engine would fit in with the usual Lexus naming convention (350 = 3.5L engine, 460 = 4.6L engine).

As for the LC 500h, this will most certainly be a new engine altogether. Let’s use the existing models as a guide — the GS 450h is powered by a 3.5L V6 hybrid engine, and the LS 600h is powered by a 5.0L V8 hybrid. Essentially, the hybrid system adds one-litre to the badge designation.

In my mind, there are two ways to go with this:

• Lexus has developed a new 4.0L V6 or V8 and paired it to the hybrid system.
    • The next-generation hybrid system generates the equivalent of a half-litre of displacement and the engine remains as a 3.5L V6 engine.
No matter the engines, these trademarks are a major step in the eventual production model LF-LC, and it looks like Lexus is pulling out all the stops.

For completion’s sake, the LC trademarks were registered November 24th in the USA (1, 2) & Canada (1, 2), and on November 25th in Australia (1, 2).

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/12/04/lexus-trademarks-lc-500-lc-500h-canada-usa-australia/

Mr. M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FIT
Thank god they're not calling it the SC. Didn't realize there'd be both a gasoline and hybrid version. Will be interesting to see how the first production Toyota hybrid sports car performs.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo Makes Unexpected Debut - Photo Gallery

Wow Lexus, that was pretty damn fast. Following the early teasers, here it is, the LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo just made its virtual debut. That’s because what you see here is a 3D model you’ll be able to drive in the GT6 Playstation 3 racing simulator. At least for now...

Apart from the fact this design study should impact Lexus’ future stylistic orientation, it also gives us a glimpse upon how a possible GT3 class racing car could look like when the automaker will eventually enter the competition. I’ll remind you it happened almost the same with the RC coupe, when it’s shapes were saw on a Japanese GT500 class racing car.

After about two years since Lexus first teased the concept, the LF-LC GT you see here is basically the standard concept with more racing bits mounted on it, such as a lower suspension, a widebody kit, some extra vents, a huge wing at the back, racing grade wheels and slightly different headlights.

It really looks special and it should sound astonishing with a V8 under its hood, although a production version will probably be a hybrid. There’s no official date for when the Calty Design concept will hit the Gran Turismo 3 garage, but it should come as an update sometime this spring so stay tuned.

Until then, you can still hit the track in Toyota’s FT-1 concept, an equally interesting vehicle that is supposed to spawn the next generation Supra.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/l...es-unexpected-debut-photo-gallery-91764.html#

lexus-lf-lc-gt-vision-gran-turismo-makes-unexpected-debut-photo-gallery_8.jpg

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Spy Shots: Lexus LF-LC Production Prototype Spotted!

Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire has posted photos of what looks to be a Lexus LF-LC production prototype to his Instagram account:

15-07-28-lexus-lf-lc-production-prototype-1.jpg

lexus_100376720_l.jpg

15-07-28-lexus-lf-lf-production-prototype-2.jpg

06-lexus-lf-lc-concept-detroit.jpg

In a description of one of his photos, Matt mentions that the prototype was accompanied by a Lexus LS, BMW 650i, and a Porsche 911 — the Porsche in particular is a high bar, and speaks well to what Lexus is targeting with this new flagship coupe.

Wow! Big news today!

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/07/28/spy-shots-lexus-lf-lc-production-prototype-spotted/

15-07-29-lexus-lf-lc-half-off.jpg

15-07-29-lexus-lf-lc-vs-lc-production.jpg

15-07-29-lexus-lf-lc-vs-lc-production-2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: