The New Morgan Plus Six; Now B58 Powered!

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I wonder what other contracts BMW signed off with the B58. Now, I think the Lexus IS rumor might be right after all. :eek:

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what other contracts BMW signed off with the B58. Now, I think the Lexus IS rumor might be right after all. :eek:
Lol right? I thought perhaps this was the first revision B58 in the Morgan as well, but it does appear to be the latest revision just from a quick look. Integrated exhaust manifold and all.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Lol right? I thought perhaps this was the first revision B58 in the Morgan as well, but it does appear to be the latest revision just from a quick look. Integrated exhaust manifold and all.
Great, now weā€™re gonna see MKVā€™s, MKIVā€™s, GTRā€™s and now Morganā€™s all lining up for a 1320 video freeway race. :rofl:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Saw this the other day. Love ANY Morgan automobile but... here they stuck with the same ZF8 automatic also? It's such a low production and boutique classic touring car I'm amazed they didn't stuff some manual transmission behind it.

Perhaps this was the easiest way for Morgan to meet their emission certifications without going to huge additional investment... but that shouldn't hold water because the BMW V8 + manual that they just retired was long since out of use in BMW production cars and that configuration has been sold in road legal Morgans for years now with their own manual transmission and ECU setup.

I mean... the manual or no manual debate is enough between the Z4 and Supra but in a super low volume Morgan you expect a stick until they go full electric.
Sponsored

Last edited: