Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
21' Supra 3.0, 23' Z Perf, 14' Toyota 86
Hey,

Some of you probably have seen me posting in the tri-state sub-forum. I own a 21' Nitro Yellow Supra. I picked it up in early July. I test drove a 20' via Turo for a weekend and man was I bitten bad by this car. At the time, I was/am driving a 2014 FRS/86 (I still have it). It was big difference for sure. I finally felt the 6 cylinder power again after such a long time. I came from owning 1 (2007-2009)86s' Z31, and 3 (2009-2016) 87' z31 before the FRS. I got the modding bug with the frs since i couldn't really buy stuff for the Z31s' since there's little to no support for those car without fabricating everything (old car things ya'know). I went from stock to Stage 2+ on OFT with supporting mods in about 3 years time.

Back to this car...Man, I have a blast driving this thing. I'll drops some photos and some videos from my youtube channel of things that i've done to the Supra! Nice meeting you all!

IMG_5827.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
First mod I did was the MST Intake but for whatever reason i never took pics nor did a video for it.
IMG_6040.jpg

My first visual mod in general was actually the Goldenwrench Supply Engine Start/Stop button! Loved the way this looked in unison with the interior.

blackline.jpg

Here's a video of my install that I did. Kinda funny:

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Was scrolling through IG and saw Goldenwrench Supply was releasing new paddle shifters for our platform so I hopped on a good deal they provided and scooped up a set. Also figured i'd get the Bimmercode app as well since I wanted to code something out/modify (Fake engine noise, P/S mirror angle on reverse, "i3/i8" chime,etc.)

62120214419__24E88155-13FB-474F-AC41-946716B1895E 2.JPG

62127182036__C95136B2-23C1-4EED-B23A-093218F7BB31 2.JPG

62127370571__883332A7-13B1-433F-8E30-2D8EBCEEE643 2.JPG

My video walkthrough of how to install Paddle shifters!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nice! How do the new shifters feel?

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
About a week prior to the paddle shift install, I had ordered my Artisan Spirits Black label spoiler. Man...I went through some BS with a body shop I normally trust at my job (Honda dealer) and they completely dropped the ball and didn't even start painting my spoiler! it was so close to the deadline that I decided to take it back and head on over to a secondary to see if they could get the job done. Needless to say, it was done by the second shop and they hooked me up! They loved the A90. One of the body guys actually his MKIII Supra there (forgot to snap pics).
62208585440__9E1149B8-FB7B-4F70-A4F5-76BE2A5BDB4F.JPG

62326988706__17F1E969-A116-4F0B-A313-A06D1C3A1B8C.jpg

IMG_6220 (2).jpg

Video of how to prep the spoiler to adhere to car!

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
This was Oct 7th
I was really getting the itch to get tuned after seeing everybody that has one of these making some nice gains! I wasn't sure if I was all in on stage 2 since this car is quite impressive alone! I decided to go with Visconti Tuning for my 1st tuning experience with the Supra. Since the ECU cutoff date was a huge bummer for some who got 21'/A91, I lucked up and mine was before the Non-Tunable cutoff date! I decided to go with a Stage 1 OTS map and I was super happy with the outcome. Traveled all the way to Long Island to get it bench unlocked then John flashed the tune right on the spot! Was a long day too since I had gotten an oil change prior to getting tuned (so i didn't have to deal with the dealer paranoia of them possibly bricking my ECU).

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Nov 4th

I suffered 2-3 chips on the front bumper and it kind of bummed me out. I should have gotten PPF and ceramic coating when I got the car. I'll keep it real though, buying sneakers for my collection and youtube content and buying the car, and the cost of breathing is alot of $$$ haha. I knew i was going to do PPF but I knew it wasn't about to be July or August haha. Anyway, I took the Supra to a detailing spot in Hillsborough not too far away from my place. They really took care of my front bumper, headlights, and ceramic coated the whole body! The guys at Signature Detailing looked me out for sure! Even right now, if I use the waterless wash product they provided me, clean up is so easy and my god the car shines so much!

IMG_6361.jpg
IMG_6363.jpg

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Congrats! Love the yellow!

I too came from a "twin" - an '18 BRZ with the Performance Package. Even though I had installed the Edelbrock supercharger along with unequal length header on the BRZ, this Supra's power still awes me after 4 months of ownership.

I do occasionally miss driving a manual and the BRZ's tight, telepathic steering. But I couldn't be happier with my new ride.

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Nov. 25th

I had a change of heart ? ...
STAGE 2 FLASH + POWERNEEDY CATTED DOWNPIPE HERE WE COME!

I took my car to Bimmer Clinic in my old hometown to get my Powerneedy Catted Dp installed! I finally gave in after hearing my buddy Ben's car. His setup was catless and sounded so awesome. I decided to go catted for emission reasons and i didn't want it as loud. The powerneedy catted dp is the perfect amount of volume from exhaust for me so needless to say, I'm stoked I went this route and went with Bimmerclinic for the install.

Now, when it came to the Stage 2 map, I wanted to go with Marin (@MarinTuned) based off all the positive feedback and most importantly the customer service side of the tuning experience. It was Thanksgiving and Marin still sent me emails to get the ball rolling with the tuning process. Granted I went OTS with his map, he still made the experience feel awesome! I flashed the stage 2 map Saturday night and holy *&#^ ?

THIS CAR RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS!

It was at this point that i became humbled in the power department. As far as power goes, I'm going to take a break from seeking more power (1...it's Winter now and 2...I want to do suspension mods and maybe some more appearance mods)

(Disclaimer)
I wouldn't call this video an accurate "OMG SO MUCH POWER" reaction video since it's more of a critique of what my tuning experience has been like with stock, stage 1, then stage 2. Also, this is a week into having the Stage 2 map and DP so at this point I know what to expect power wise (feels impressive no doubt just not 1st-timer feeling anymore). I picked up a GoPro camera JUST to make a video like this.

I also let the FRS/86 get some shine and talk about mods and tuning with that as well.

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Congrats! Love the yellow!

I too came from a "twin" - an '18 BRZ with the Performance Package. Even though I had installed the Edelbrock supercharger along with unequal length header on the BRZ, this Supra's power still awes me after 4 months of ownership.

I do occasionally miss driving a manual and the BRZ's tight, telepathic steering. But I couldn't be happier with my new ride.
There's so much to love with the 86/brz twins! I always tell people it's such a cool experience to own it regardless of it being slow. I kicked around the idea of FI on my FRS (still kicking that idea around lol). The Supra truly is a work of art when it comes to power. I'm happy to hear you love you Supra too man!

OP
OP
cntrvslbrs

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
Needed to go get some more detailing stuff from the place I got my PPF done ( Signature Dealing). Check out my little adventure.

AirAlexie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Really Digging this thread.

im with you, I got bit by this car bad. My brother has a black one. all it took was 1 test drive and I was SOLD. got mine 2 months after.

We are located in Massachusetts so you're not that far away brother ! .

This September we are planning on taking a drive down to Florida for the supra meet to they down there. We should roll together my man !
Sponsored