The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I think I'm going to rattle my stealer's cage on Monday and ask them what's going on with mine. The Toyota AU website is still in 2022 mode and without confirmation of the Australian specs I figured shooting for the GTS was a safer bet. And HUD. 😂

And I know I'm in the minority but I quite like the old wheels and suspect all models will receive the new ones - I knoe the PR says otherwise. If this is the case, ot does make me wonder what the actual differences between the GT and GTS will really be. 🤷‍♂️

I guess we'll have to wait till the first week of November if @Vanta is on the money.
My dealer rattled off the GT vs GTS differences:

GTS has over GT:
- HUD
- JBL sound
- New 19" wheels
- Cream leather option

GT comes standard with (previously only GTS)
- Red calipers
- Metal Pedals
- Larger diameter rear rotors

GT retains 18" wheels

There's a press release somewhere with this info IIRC
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I put my order in today for a GTS but starting to think if it's actually worth the extra 10k for premium sound system, HUD, 19" wheels. I'll be changing the wheels so don't really care about the 19s and no idea what the jbl premium system sounds like or if it's worth the extra 10k. I do want the alcantara seats which i believe is GTS only?
Yeah, the Alcantara seats are on my list too. The way I see it, The GTS should hopefully hold its value a little longer. Who knows.

Did you get a final price with your contract?

On a side note, i was told 12-month ETA for delivery, possibly more.
Look on the bright side, if it does take that long, you'll be changing your order to the Targa top and be first in line! Then watch how all that jealousy and angst in waiting will be reversed!

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
My dealer rattled off the GT vs GTS differences:

GTS has over GT:
- HUD
- JBL sound
- New 19" wheels
- Cream leather option

GT comes standard with (previously only GTS)
- Red calipers
- Metal Pedals
- Larger diameter rear rotors

GT retains 18" wheels

There's a press release somewhere with this info IIRC
Yeah.. The press release is linked above somewhere in this thread but it's pretty light on details. I just don't trust the Toyota sales people as they have been (very) wrong in the past. I would suspect the GT also loses the new strut bar and perhaps some other minor things that are optional on the US model (safety packs?).. but I guess we'll just have to await and see.

On the whole I agree though, that on paper the price difference between the GT and the GTS doesn't seem worth it.

Xplizet

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra GR GTS
Yeah, the Alcantara seats are on my list too. The way I see it, The GTS should hopefully hold its value a little longer. Who knows.

Did you get a final price with your contract?
Contract says $107,110 but was told the price could change as the system didn't have the final pricing for the 2023, so they went off previous years price, even the model wasn't appearing as GTS, came up as "High".

Look on the bright side, if it does take that long, you'll be changing your order to the Targa top and be first in line! Then watch how all that jealousy and angst in waiting will be reversed!
haha, i guess I'm not too fussed on the wait, seems like it's the norm for all new cars.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Contract says $107,110 but was told the price could change as the system didn't have the final pricing for the 2023, so they went off previous years price, even the model wasn't appearing as GTS, came up as "High".
Thanks for the information. And now we wait.. Ugh.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah.. The press release is linked above somewhere in this thread but it's pretty light on details. I just don't trust the Toyota sales people as they have been (very) wrong in the past. I would suspect the GT also loses the new strut bar and perhaps some other minor things that are optional on the US model (safety packs?).. but I guess we'll just have to await and see.

On the whole I agree though, that on paper the price difference between the GT and the GTS doesn't seem worth it.
Strut bar is on GT as well.

My dealer showed me the spec sheet they had on their system, have everything including price, just not a delivery date or ability to enter an order in the systme :(

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Strut bar is on GT as well.

My dealer showed me the spec sheet they had on their system, have everything including price, just not a delivery date or ability to enter an order in the systme :(
Interesting. I'm definitely hitting up my stealer on Monday.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
The sales guys at my dealer have been awesome. I haven't even put money down yet and they are working hard for me. The service department, the polar opposite (Let's not go there)

I was one of the first A90s in the country, and they did everything perfectly. Seriously happy. They even displayed my A80 and A61 over various weeks in the showroom hahah.

They spied me looking at a GR Yaris in the yard and gave me the keys for two hours "We know you won't buy it, but have some fun"

I will try and get a copy of their spec data for you.

AHHH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I only put down my deposit last Friday 23/09 and got an email the very next day lol... ZF8 Auto Azure Blue though 🔵🔵🔵🔵

Monyx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X4M Competition, Wrangler
And I know I'm in the minority but I quite like the old wheels and suspect all models will receive the new ones - I
haha I love the new wheels but too tight to go for the GTS..in the meantime i was going to pick up a set of the older GTS wheels, strip and polish them to all chrome-look. If you wanted to offload those ugly new MY23 GTS wheels give me a call ;-)
Sponsored