The Pricing Thread + Potential US Tariffs Impact

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
Have they mentioned? What price range are you looking for?
Sponsored

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
I should add, it's obviously just Calty's own theoretical price range but I am sure Toyota gave them an idea of where this will be positioned in the market so they knew their theoretical limits when designing.

OP
OP

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
50-60 thousand is not terrible.. I was thinking much higher when looking at how crazy hi tech and exotic the FT-1 looks.

Tunnel_D

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTO
I could live with that for sure. The only issue it really needs to PERFORM at that price level.

2015 Porsche Cayman. Starts at 60k
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Starts at 59k
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe 58k.
2015 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG. Starts at 50k.

The 2015 M3 starts at just a hair over 60k. Some big time performers

fox body

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pogo Stick
I could live with that for sure. The only issue it really needs to PERFORM at that price level.

2015 Porsche Cayman. Starts at 60k
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Starts at 59k
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe 58k.
2015 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG. Starts at 50k.

The 2015 M3 starts at just a hair over 60k. Some big time performers
And cars like Cayman and M3 easily get spec'd up to $70-80k. Since it's a Toyota (good thing) the Supra won't be like that. My guess is $59k and outperforms the BMW M4.

MATT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 ACCORD
I'm thinking right around the price of the Lexus RC-F ($62k). It could start in the 55K range but be optioned out to 70K+. kinda scary actually not sure I can afford that...

supraninja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
50-60 thousand is not terrible.. I was thinking much higher when looking at how crazy hi tech and exotic the FT-1 looks.
It'll look much more tame in production form. Especially the interior which shows a pretty futuristic fighter jet windshield display. That will for sure not be seen in any production Supra in the near future.

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
Ideally they would offer 2models, a base model at 52-55K maybe with a 4 cylinder and a TTV6 or even a V8 around 57-59K.

910ps

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
Ideally they would offer 2models, a base model at 52-55K maybe with a 4 cylinder and a TTV6 or even a V8 around 57-59K.
I like that. I think an even bigger spread between the two models to open it up to more people would be good.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Later years maybe, not the first few tho. Gotta feel out the market before sinking too much costs.

MATT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 ACCORD
And cars like Cayman and M3 easily get spec'd up to $70-80k. Since it's a Toyota (good thing) the Supra won't be like that. My guess is $59k and outperforms the BMW M4.
Right. I think the fear now is just looking at the concept but once we see a more production feasible concept or version cooler heads will prevail about pricing. I surely don't want to be competing with luxury brands with my wallet.

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I'm thinking right around the price of the Lexus RC-F ($62k).
I could see that since this car should have less technology but more performance and exotic materials. But it better have more impresive performence because the RC-F doesn't have much buzz at all from some not so impressive reviews.

__WRC__

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
325i
I really think they're either going to play it safe and price it around the RC-F so it can compete for buyers of the RC-F, M3, ATS-V, C7 at like $50-60k or go for broke and price it in the $80k-90k range to compete with the 911 and GT-R type cars.

daboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
various
Car and Driver claims that the upcoming Toyota sports car (presumably Supra) will cost $55k+, more than the price of the base Corvette.
Was hoping it would be just under $50k so that would be a bummer. But you know what it's unfair to compare any car's value against the Corvette which gives you the best bang for your puck performance wise.
Sponsored