The Pricing Thread + Potential US Tariffs Impact

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
lol, if you minus the options that Guff added we're @ $45,800. I guess I'm ok with that. Now if Guff is suggesting $55k lol then no. Jaguar F-type here I come.
Sponsored

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
lol, if you minus the options that Guff added we're @ $45,800. I guess I'm ok with that. Now if Guff is suggesting $55k lol then no. Jaguar F-type here I come.
Omg I'm sooo with you on that... old V6 can now be had at alttle above 34K and their CPO warranty is good... prolly cause they're not reliable but who cares it sounds good and that's all I care about when it comes to that car.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
far out, in Au, an RC350F will go for about $80k
An RC-F anywhere around 140k
An A45 AMG is about $85k, and a BMW M2 around $95k
A Focus RS is about $60k
A Cayman S is about $150k too

I hope the top spec SPX is sub 100k here, or it will have a tough fight on it's hands

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
Omg I'm sooo with you on that... old V6 can now be had at alttle above 34K and their CPO warranty is good... prolly cause they're not reliable but who cares it sounds good and that's all I care about when it comes to that car.
I have two friends that own it, I've also had my hands on them for an extensive amount of time. They haven't had any issues. I may be a little biased, as the only one I've ever played with was the coupe, F-Type R.

My eyes or on the coupe V8 or coupe S/C V6, which can be had in a manual for $48000-$55000 under 15k miles might I add.

Last edited:

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I have two friends that own it, I've also had my hands on them for an extensive amount of time. They haven't had any issues. I may be a little biased, as the only one I've ever played with was the coupe, F-Type R.

My eyes or on the coupe V8 or coupe S/C V6, which can be had in a manual for $48000-$55000 under 15k miles might I add.
I only driven the V6 Manual and then The SVR convertible, I really like the way the V6S sounds. I think that's the sweet spot.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
https://jalopnik.com/how-much-will-the-new-toyota-supra-cost-1823560574

How Much Will The New Toyota Supra Cost?

We’ve been waiting too long for a new Toyota Supra to fill our dreams with visions of Texas Mile domination. Today, we finally saw the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept, which is the closest thing to a real-life new Supra we’ve seen to date. But how much will the production version cost?

There’s a lot of pricey-looking carbon fiber pieces on Toyota’s racing concept, some of which look more road-ready than others. (Looking at you, giant rear diffuser.) Obviously, many race cars are loaded with parts that are not shared by their roadgoing counterparts, so who knows what will go into the mass-market version?

Guesses as to the price among the Jalopnik staff ranged anywhere from a The Price Is Right-spec $40,001 to a nice $69,000. Of course, there’s always the odd chance that Toyota will go full R35 Nissan GT-R and make the new Supra insanely pricey, although that wouldn’t line up with reports that it won’t be super-powerful off the lot.

Nor would a base price flirting with six figures line up with where the last-generation Supra fit into the market. The strong yen of the mid-nineties pushed the price of the Supra over $40,000 back in 1996, according to Automotive News. That translates to about $64,000 in today’s money, by the way. That was a bit too pricey for buyers then, leading Toyota to release a stripped-down version for $31,000, but that didn’t help. The car went out with a whimper sales-wise in 2001, but since rose to the status of a cult classic after going out of production.

As the old saying goes, absence and giant aftermarket turbochargers truly do make the heart grow fonder. Toyota shouldn’t have to do any undercutting to sell these. That $40,000 figure for 1996 was close to the $37,225 base MSRP of a new Corvette at the time, according to Autotrader. Corvettes now start at $55,495, which is also pretty close to the final 2017 BMW Z4’s MSRP of $49,525.

The new Supra is also believed to share a platform with the new BMW Z4 Roadster, so it makes sense to compare those two. This is why Patrick guessed that the new Toyota Supra would only come in around $46,000—a bit less than the likely more luxury-oriented BMW, but not by a ton.

Yet I think the brand new model, nostalgia for the old model and overall fanciness should command a slightly larger base MSRP. $55,069! Final answer.

Let’s play a game: guess how much the new Supra will be without going over the final price. The winner will receive an imaginary bottle of Jalopnik Lilac Label Reserve Brefass Scotch, which we won’t deliver because it doesn’t exist, but you should guess anyway because we’re genuinely curious.

FutureSupra87

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 Pathfinder
If toyota price it accordingly it should start for a base price around 35k for 4 cyl and usually the range topping one being closer to 60k. If they price this right they will sell a lot of these.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Meanwhile in Australia (all prices drive-away, all taxes and rego paid).

86 GT manual = $35.5k
86 GTS manual = $41.5k
Mustang 4cyl = $55k
Mustang GT MY18 = $67k
370Z NISMO = $69.3k
Z4 - appears to have been in the low 90K range

Tada-San says Supra is suppose to be affordable - then I guess this will be 55-58k for the base 4cyl (Civic Type R, Golf R range) and up to 80k for a 6cyl - slotting it below the 6cyl Z4.
Any more then that and you are in the M2 territory.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Yikes, I thought it would be priced less in the EU since its being made there. Either way it sucks for people that live Europe.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Everything in Europe cost more. I have been told a liter of gas is like $16! :eek:

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Really anxious to see the final trim options and prices for Canada. I am really hoping they keep it at a price point where it makes sence, because for me, if it gets too high, I will just get an RCF or GSF...pulling for you Toyota...