DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Do you forget this car is coming out?

16BC3311-A162-4FE4-BFD9-0CB20151B2CF.jpeg
Didn't forget, it's in a different class. What's the street version? Prius? lol

This C8 is going to be more anticipated then the Supra and I'm not even a Vette fanatic. IMO, I'm more excited to see the outcome of the C8 over the Supra; only because they are doing things in the proper order when making a halo car.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same with the C8 vs Supra, no? 170k vs $50k-$60k.
There hasn't been a versus since the C5. My point is that Vette has evolved when the Supra died. Now that the Supra is finally back, this is how Toyota makes a bang.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Bummer: 2020 Corvette C8 Reportedly Delayed 6 Months Over Electrical Issue

A couple of days ago, we learned directly from Chevrolet that the 2020 Corvette wonā€™t debut at the Detroit Auto Show next month.

Not only that, the automaker said it would not host ā€œa formal press event at NAIAS,ā€ which is another way of saying that it wonā€™t have any car debuts at the show. While Chevrolet hadnā€™t made any official announcement about a mid-engine Corvette Detroit world premiere in the first place, fans were obviously hoping for it.

GMā€™s recently-uncovered FCC key fob filing confirmed the C8 would launch as a 2020 model, fueling rumors of a Detroit debut. As it turns out, not even the hoped-for New York Auto Show world debut looks likely anymore. Furthermore, GM Authority has learned that the 2020 Corvetteā€™s launch will be in fact delayed by about six months.

The reason for that is apparently an electrical problem. Unnamed sources familiar with the matter told the website that engineers have uncovered a ā€œmajor electrical issueā€ with the mid-engine Corvette during the development process.

More specifically, the electrical system canā€™t handle the load necessary to support all of the carā€™s components. The only way to fix this unforeseen problem is to re-engineer the electrical system, and that will take some time. Thatā€™s mostly because the changes will have an impact on any associated equipment, and Chevy will need to further coordinate with suppliers in order to fix things.

The report says the redesign of the electrical system will delay the project by six months. While thatā€™s not what we wanted to hear, the good news is GM might still be able to launch the Corvette C8 for the 2020 model year. However, a 2021 model year launch cannot be ruled out.

That said, here are some new renderings that might help sweeten the wait ā€“ including a fresh ā€œwalkaround video.ā€
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/12/b...reportedly-delayed-6-months-electrical-issue/

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
There hasn't been a versus since the C5. My point is that Vette has evolved when the Supra died. Now that the Supra is finally back, this is how Toyota makes a bang.
But this isn't a replace for the C7. It's a separate model above the Corvette, and will be sold along side of it according to the GM forum.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But this isn't a replace for the C7. It's a separate model above the Corvette, and will be sold along side of it according to the GM forum.
For the sports car world, if it's released in parallel=win, if replaced=win.

landscape-1431523094-midenginecorvette.jpg

haha of course. It has to be up there with the rest of the pack.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
For the sports car world, if it's released in parallel=win, if replaced=win.

landscape-1431523094-midenginecorvette.jpg
I am aware that there have been tons of mid-engine prototype from GM that has never materialize. I didn't say it wasn't a win either way. Just I'm just saying that is appears to not be a direct replacement for the front engine Corvette, but instead a new halo model.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
But all the purest wants things to stay the same, straight six and RWD. That's also what all the Supra fanboys told Tada-san in his interviews. Sheesh, can't make everyone happy.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But all the purest wants things to stay the same, straight six and RWD. That's also what all the Supra fanboys told Tada-san in his interviews. Sheesh, can't make everyone happy.
Those are essentially the main ingredients but agree, can't make everyone happy.

I am aware that there have been tons of mid-engine prototype from GM that has never materialize. I didn't say it wasn't a win either way. Just I'm just saying that is appears to not be a direct replacement for the front engine Corvette, but instead a new halo model.
Understood. My point is that the Vette kept on going and evolving in a beast of an FR setup.

IMO, this is where the Supra MKV should have been. Not a hater, just being honest.

rt393_01.jpg

1.jpg

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Those are essentially the main ingredients but agree, can't make everyone happy.

Understood. My point is that the Vette kept on going and evolving in a beast of an FR setup.

IMO, this is where the Supra MKV should have been. Not a hater, just being honest.

2019-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-2018-Porsche-911-GT2-RS-3.jpg

rt393_01.jpg

1.jpg
That's what the GR Super Sport is for