This is the 2020 mid-engine Chevy Corvette / C8 Corvette Z06 revealed

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
A lot of journalists are loosing their minds right now and talking like no one has ever made a mass produced budget mid engined sports car before...

58c5e912b50a7_037-940x650.jpg

This was a lot cheaper at the time comparatively to the c8, even with inflation, and it also compared favorably to the Ferrari 3xx cars of its day performance and looks wise.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Yup, the cheapest looking part of the C8 IMO is the bow tie emblems lol
2020-zerv-pre-reveal-c8-3.jpg

That really is the biggest handicap for this car. They're trying to muscle in on the mid engine exotic crowd, but with the same nameplate that sells the Impala, Cruze, Sonic etc. Cadillac wouldn't be much of an upgrade in my book, but since they killed the traditional vette and kept the name for this new MR car, they have to keep the bow ties. Would probably sell much better under a luxury brand. Ah well, those with cash to buy a Ferrari probably wouldn't buy this regardless.

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
A lot of journalists are loosing their minds right now and talking like no one has ever made a mass produced budget mid engined sports car before...

58c5e912b50a7_037-940x650.jpg

This was a lot cheaper at the time comparatively to the c8, even with inflation, and it also compared favorably to the Ferrari 3xx cars of its day performance and looks wise.
Great, I'd love to see present-day Toyota make another MR2 by themselves, lol
Maybe Pontiac can rise from the dead and make us a new Fiero too

At any rate, the Boxster/Cayman are still "budget" mid-engined sports cars. The reason why everyone forgets about them when they're talking about the Corvette is because the Corvette has straight up supercar stats.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Kinda, the most basic boxster is about the same cost as the most basic vette. Not really budget in my book. The MR2 on the other hand, fully loaded, T Tops, turbo and all in 93 was 25k, when the mk4 Supra TT was 39k. 20k for the non turbo mr2, so half the cost of the Supra TT back then. I think it would be pretty hard for a 30k or even 40k mid engined car today to get close to the current Ferrari 4xx series, the envelope for Ferrari's entry level car has changed a lot since then. It had had to, Honda made the NSX lol.

That would be awesome if they reintroduced a new MR2. Rumor is it will be electric if they do it. They better make it themselves.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Poor James had to film the C8 review at Petersen when the heat wave hit SoCal hence the canopy. I was never a Corvette fan but I'm very impressed with the C8. It hits close to home when he said the interior driver's seat is very fighter jet and driver focused resembling the MKIV Supra.

I want one!! :drool:
Sponsored