jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Premium Turbulence Gray | '19 Mazda CX-9
Hey all,

I recently posted this thread (https://www.supramkv.com/threads/advice-wanted-on-this-2021-used-2-0.9035/) and got some great advice.

I'm currently considering purchasing a Absolute Zero (the color I want) 3.0 premium with carbon fiber mirrors and driver assistance because it's the best deal I can find. 52,700 before taxes.

I've been approved for 0.98 through my credit union but since it's out of state they want to do financing there - probably 2.9. I'll put 10K down.

So, after I get home and pay taxes it'll be about 56,000 OTD.

Thoughts?

Caveat: I've gotta fly from Atlanta to NY and drive it home (or spend $1300 to ship it - but I'd rather do the drive myself).
Sponsored

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Hi, new here. Just joined so I can reply. I'm in ATL and just picked up a red premium with assist, no carbon mirrors and pre-tax price was only a couple hundred less than your price. I can say I talked to all the dealers around and everyone but the place I purchased from was asking between $699 off MSRP and MSRP.

The dealer in McDonough laughed when I told them the $52K-ish quote I had and told me it had to be a mistake. Obviously it isn't, you can find at least 10 3.0 premiums with assist across the country listed in the high $52k range.

My point being, if you are also in Atlanta, that's a good deal compared to most everyone else. I'll be a little jealous too. That's the color I wanted, but went with red. White wasn't worth $4K more to get one local.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi, new here. Just joined so I can reply. I'm in ATL and just picked up a red premium with assist, no carbon mirrors and pre-tax price was only a couple hundred less than your price. I can say I talked to all the dealers around and everyone but the place I purchased from was asking between $699 off MSRP and MSRP.

The dealer in McDonough laughed when I told them the $52K-ish quote I had and told me it had to be a mistake. Obviously it isn't, you can find at least 10 3.0 premiums with assist across the country listed in the high $52k range.

My point being, if your are also in Atlanta, that's a good deal compared to most everyone else. I'll be a little jealous too. That's the color I wanted, but went with red. White wasn't worth $4K more to get one local.
Wow, you got a red one for cheaper than this offer locally?

I definitely don't look forward to having to drive home from NY - haha. That will add probably $700 in expenses with gas, plane ticket, possibly place to stay etc.

But also the local prices here are crazy. I couldn't budge a dealer from 49500 on a 2.0... and all of the 3.0s have been over 60K OTD. Which dealer did you buy from?

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

My point being, if your are also in Atlanta, that's a good deal compared to most everyone else. I'll be a little jealous too. That's the color I wanted, but went with red. White wasn't worth $4K more to get one local.
Also, congrats on the car! That's awesome. I'm jealous you've got one already. :)

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Wow, you got a red one for cheaper than this offer locally?

I definitely don't look forward to having to drive home from NY - haha. That will add probably $700 in expenses with gas, plane ticket, possibly place to stay etc.

But also the local prices here are crazy. I couldn't budge a dealer from 49500 on a 2.0... and all of the 3.0s have been over 60K OTD. Which dealer did you buy from?

Think of the drive home as a little trip to get the break-in period out of the way...got to be better than breaking it in in Atlanta traffic!

I bought from Toyota of Newnan. I highly recommend them, ask for Tyler if they get one in you like.

You can try to get the dealer in McDonough to budge. They have a white one I wanted. After they laughed and said the Newnan deal was a mistake, they did offer to cone down $1500 off MSRP, but that was too little too late.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So the same dealership has one for $1000 less that just became available again. I'm looking at plane tickets now.

So,

the deal is 55,200 OTD Absolute Zero, premium, with driver assistance

Thoughts?

I'm traveling out of state to NY to bring it home.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
So the same dealership has one for $1000 less that just became available again. I'm looking at plane tickets now.

So,

the deal is 55,200 OTD Absolute Zero, premium, with driver assistance

Thoughts?

I'm traveling out of state to NY to bring it home.
This is tough. Many of us have opinions based on our own experiences, but wow the market changes a lot and you are in a tough market. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ll note: I got mine for $48k something plise TTl. So, I think it would have been $51k OTD, but that was two days before Christmas when nobody was buying sports cars with summer tires.

goto today: Zoom offered me $50k for my car. That means they gotta be expecting 53-55k off of it used, which seems like a lot but tells me the new prices must be high. Ive seen used 21s for 55k.

so, if you like the car, Iā€™d say buy it.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is tough. Many of us have opinions based on our own experiences, but wow the market changes a lot and you are in a tough market. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ll note: I got mine for $48k something plise TTl. So, I think it would have been $51k OTD, but that was two days before Christmas when nobody was buying sports cars with summer tires.

goto today: Zoom offered me $50k for my car. That means they gotta be expecting 53-55k off of it used, which seems like a lot but tells me the new prices must be high. Ive seen used 21s for 55k.

so, if you like the car, Iā€™d say buy it.
Thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate your objectivity. Haha.

It is quite crazy how different the car buying industry is right now.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kind of late to this party but you could have beaten that deal in Lex., KY. no too far of a drive vs flying to NY. Just one example but I know this one can be gotten for lower...

https://www.frankforttoyota.com/search/new-toyota-gr-supra-frankfort-ky/?cy=40601&md=8739&tp=new
I haven't settled on the NY yet - I don't relish the idea of the 1000 mile drive back home. So I'm open to it - what makes you think that one would go for lower than 55200 OTD?

How much lower, do you think?

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I just came back from that dealer and they handed me the keys to a black 2.0 for test drive on hywy. AWESOME CAR!!!! Anyway, talked about the 3.0 as well and probably could have gotten them where I wanted but they wanted more down than I was willing to take from my bank account.

Wasn't for that, could have beat the 55K. I was just as satisfied with the 2.0 and waiting on sales guy to call me back on the deal I proposed.

There is another dealer close by with a 3.0 advertised at 52K.

OP
OP
jordanc

jordanc

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I talked a local dealer down to a reasonable price and as I was at the bank grabbing the check.... they said the VIN was reported stolen! It's a brand new car shipped directly to the dealer.

So crazy! I was supposed to go pick it up tonight.

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
So I talked a local dealer down to a reasonable price and as I was at the bank grabbing the check.... they said the VIN was reported stolen! It's a brand new car shipped directly to the dealer.

So crazy! I was supposed to go pick it up tonight.
That is crazy...or really sketchy salesperson games. Which dealer?

Meanwhile I'm having a fun time. Like many other posted here, my dealer didn't activate Navigation and they can't figure out why it isn't just magically turning on. I'll have to leave the car with them tomorrow (they said it'll take a few days to diagnose even though it really should be a 15 min procedure.)

Good times!

On the positive side you did at least get a dealer around here to move on price. That's saying something.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
OTD prices are irrelevant, TTL and doc fees are based by state. The sale price is what your after. Here is WA state we pay 6.5% car sales tax plus licensing fees which puts you closer to 8.5%. Thatā€™s a big chunk of change added to sales price.

-RJM
Sponsored