Thunderhill Feb 20-21

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Anyone signed up for the NASA track day at Thunderhill Feb 20-21?
Sponsored

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Signed up for HPDE1 on Feb 20th. Going to be my first time at a track. Really excited! Hope it doesn't rain.

My car is gonna be bone stock. You guys running any mods on your cars?

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
i'll be there on the 21st. Only mods i have are aftermarket wheels with wider tires but thats it.

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Signed up for HPDE1 on Feb 20th. Going to be my first time at a track. Really excited! Hope it doesn't rain.

My car is gonna be bone stock. You guys running any mods on your cars?
Nice, looking forward to meeting up with other Supra owners. Like you, I REALLY hope it doesn't rain! I did one track day in the rain at Sonoma years ago and it completely sucked.

My car doesn't have any real mods, just prepped for aggressive track use. In other words, I changed brake fluid, brake pads, and bought a dedicated set of track wheels and tires.
- Motul RBF 600 brake fluid
- Carbotech XP20 brake pads front and back
- Titan7 T-S5 19" wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires in stock sizes

I ran my Supra bone stock at Sonoma Raceway Nov 22nd and it did very well completely stock among a mixed group of high intermediate/advanced drivers. In HPDE group 1 your stock Supra will be more than adequate. Even if you get bored with group 1 and want to move up and drive more aggresively, cool ambient temperatures will help keep your brake fluid from boiling.

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
i'll be there on the 21st. Only mods i have are aftermarket wheels with wider tires but thats it.
Awesome! I've been trying to get a good answer to what the maximum tire size is for the stock suspension under hard track use. It sounds like the back limit might be as high as 305/30R19 and I've heard the front limit on stock suspension is 265/30R19 or 275/30R19. I've been told that 265/35R19 will rub.

Do you have any input? What wheel/tire sizes are you running? I look forward to seeing what sizes people are using on stock suspension at the track.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm running 275/35/19 on fronts with no rubbing at all. Rears are 295/35/19 but i honestly feel like i should have just went 305, theres still plenty of room.

I'll let you know how they feel out on the track. I'll be going to autocross in Sonoma next weekend so i'll report back on hard turns after thats done.

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
I'm running 275/35/19 on fronts with no rubbing at all. Rears are 295/35/19 but i honestly feel like i should have just went 305, theres still plenty of room.

I'll let you know how they feel out on the track. I'll be going to autocross in Sonoma next weekend so i'll report back on hard turns after thats done.
Thanks for the feedback!

Are you autocrossing with Speed SF? I'm on the waitlist for Sonoma Feb 6 with Speed SF but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: I just checked, I'm in for Sonoma Feb. 6th with Speed SF open track! See ya there!

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the feedback!

Are you autocrossing with Speed SF? I'm on the waitlist for Sonoma Feb 6 with Speed SF but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: I just checked, I'm in for Sonoma Feb. 6th with Speed SF open track! See ya there!
Awesome! Brining the Supra? I dont see another one on the attendee list. Maybe it hasnt updated yet

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Awesome! Brining the Supra? I dont see another one on the attendee list. Maybe it hasnt updated yet
I'm not doing the auto-x, I'm doing open track HPDE. I look forward to seeing ya there!

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got back from the Autocross day. i'm sure you saw us/me zooming around out there if you bothered to look in during your breaks. SUUUPER fun with the Supra. Honestly the car feels like a more power but heavier S2k. The super short wheelbase our cars have, make it really easy to toss around the corners of a course.

The 275 fronts worked really well. no rubbing that i could tell, and the extra width allowed for really precise turn in. I did feel like i was getting some understeer on some back to back turns, but giving it more throttle mid turn tended to resolve that really easily since there was so much more front grip.

All in all i cant wait to get it out on the track at Thunderhill in two weeks.

OP
OP
TimM.

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Just got back from the Autocross day. i'm sure you saw us/me zooming around out there if you bothered to look in during your breaks. SUUUPER fun with the Supra. Honestly the car feels like a more power but heavier S2k. The super short wheelbase our cars have, make it really easy to toss around the corners of a course.

The 275 fronts worked really well. no rubbing that i could tell, and the extra width allowed for really precise turn in. I did feel like i was getting some understeer on some back to back turns, but giving it more throttle mid turn tended to resolve that really easily since there was so much more front grip.

All in all i cant wait to get it out on the track at Thunderhill in two weeks.
Awsome, thanks for the feedback and that's good to hear. I didn't walk over to see you until after you left but I did see you as the only Supra over there, lol. There were about 7-8 Supra's over on the track side. Definitely a good time.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Haha yeah i was beat. WE had 4 sessions with back to back runs up till 12, i think in all i got about 20 runs in. I'm normally beat after a normal day with about 7-10 so i was tired haha.
Sponsored