Tire alignment.

Jamiecane

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4Runner, Focus
I took my car in to get a tire fixed because it was losing air pressure. There was a nail close to the side wall and the shop would not repair it. So I bought two new tires for the rear and got an alignment done. Before the new alignment my car handled great. Now I can’t take a corner at speed without traction control coming on and at straight line the car feel like it’s getting light almost out of control. Car is stock the only thing done is the two new tires( same tires as stock) and the alignment. Any help or thoughts would be great.

Jamie
Sponsored

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Before you go crazy... did they put the correct size tires on the car? If there are mismatched sizes front to rear or side to side the wheel speeds will be off and will annoy the car.

Why did you get an alignment if nothing was wrong with the alignment? Did they somehow upsell you on new tires == alignment required? If yes thats a bunch of bullshit unless you had poor tire wear. Im guessing the lovely tech did not setup the wheel jigs correctly and ruined the alignment you already had. Go back and tell them to check it again.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
addition to what was said,...

1. not sure why alignment was necessary for tire change... however, did they provide you printout of what was changed to? if so, post it. it will help if it's good or not.
2. If you still have free maintenance from toyota, ask dealer if they can check the alignment.
3. check tire pressure to make sure it's at recommended at least.

this all assuming they replaced it with same tire as you used to have. so make sure of it as well.

Tsuekasa

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium 2018 Wrx Sti Base
I had this happen before after I changed tires. Traction control was kicking on the slightest turn to the point it almost caused an accident on the highway.

Go into your infotaintment system vehicle settings and configure the tires. If I remember correctly, I had to set the tires to "other" instead of summer tires even though i replaced the tires with the same exact ones. I believe it's some kind of software glitch sometimes happens when tires are changed that makes the traction control over sensitive.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Go into your infotaintment system vehicle settings and configure the tires. If I remember correctly, I had to set the tires to "other" instead of summer tires even though i replaced the tires with the same exact ones. I believe it's some kind of software glitch sometimes happens when tires are changed that makes the traction control over sensitive.
Same thing with mine. I actually did change tire sizes, so it’s not terribly surprising, but yeah the traction control goes nuts on turns if it’s unhappy with the tire configuration in the infotainment system for whatever reason.
Sponsored