From SCCA: What is RoadRally?The driver must be licensed to drive the vehicle. Both proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license must be presented during rally registration.
- The navigator must be at least 9 years old. The navigator must have a writing board (clipboard).
- All individuals in the vehicle must wear seat belts at all times.
- The vehicle must have a current registration, inspection sticker and must be in safe condition to drive.
- A set of General Instructions (GIs) and Route Instructions (RIs) will be distributed to after registration and prior to the start of the car trek
- The CarTrekmaster and Volunteers (wearing badges) will be available during registration and will be happy to answer questions and give advice.
- The Route Instructions will provide teams with detailed information on the route of the car trek.
- There will be Items of Interest along the route. Descriptions of the Items of Interest will be included in the instructions.
Northern New Jersey Region Highland Tour RoadRally Event @ High Marques MotorsSCCA Treks are non-competitive driving events intended to foster social interaction among the participants. They provide a path to new memberships and increase awareness of the general public to SCCA. Participants follow a pre-determined route using a “convoy style – follow the car ahead of you” format. The lead car in the convoy is driven by a person who knows the pre-determined route. This is typically the event’s Chairperson. A sweep car will run in the last position in the group.