Tour of the Highlands - 11/1 Sunday

nibble

Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I haven't done this before and want to try it.

Tour of the Highlands

you can register it in below link.

CarTreck2020

Looks like a fun drive of 70 miles!

mail.jpeg

Advertisement

Tsar

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Subscribed, will try to register this weekend.

OP
nibble

nibble

Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
met few at palmer yesterday! i hope you had a good & safe drive back home! And hope to join this drive on 11/1 ! :D

kiroshino

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1988 MR2
It's a road rally. From the registration page:

The driver must be licensed to drive the vehicle. Both proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license must be presented during rally registration.
  • The navigator must be at least 9 years old. The navigator must have a writing board (clipboard).
  • All individuals in the vehicle must wear seat belts at all times.
  • The vehicle must have a current registration, inspection sticker and must be in safe condition to drive.
  • A set of General Instructions (GIs) and Route Instructions (RIs) will be distributed to after registration and prior to the start of the car trek
  • The CarTrekmaster and Volunteers (wearing badges) will be available during registration and will be happy to answer questions and give advice.
  • The Route Instructions will provide teams with detailed information on the route of the car trek.
  • There will be Items of Interest along the route. Descriptions of the Items of Interest will be included in the instructions.
From SCCA: What is RoadRally?
SCCA Treks are non-competitive driving events intended to foster social interaction among the participants. They provide a path to new memberships and increase awareness of the general public to SCCA. Participants follow a pre-determined route using a “convoy style – follow the car ahead of you” format. The lead car in the convoy is driven by a person who knows the pre-determined route. This is typically the event’s Chairperson. A sweep car will run in the last position in the group.
Northern New Jersey Region Highland Tour RoadRally Event @ High Marques Motors

I've never done one of these, but it basically sounds like a guided tour/cruise. Would be nice to check out some of these backroads, with Fall foliage photo ops. Will need to see if anyone is free that day to navigate.

Tsar

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just got the tickets. See you guys there? :dunno:

OP
nibble

nibble

Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I will see you there! navigator is not necessary as per my conversation with organizer. he said he never turned one down because there's only driver in the car. So most likely I will be there without 2nd person.

OP
nibble

nibble

Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Just about 1 week to go! I am registered and excited!

Tsar

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Got a GoPro and a front mount for the car. Let’s see if I can accomplish anything with video

Advertisement

Advertisement