Toyota Crown Returns to the US with Bold Style and New Hybrid Max Powertrain

Heywood220

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 22 Tundra, 93 325i
I find it interesting no one mentions the one right above the GR Corolla as well, as that one hasn't been even hinted at. My wife is excited for that.

Heywood220

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 22 Tundra, 93 325i
Can you at least tell us if it will be a sedan or CUV?
Hard to really say, not really a sedan. Will say it will be luxurious like a Crown normally is. I imagine they will show it off overseas first, but it should be the same.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Hard to really say, not really a sedan. Will say it will be luxurious like a Crown normally is. I imagine they will show it off overseas first, but it should be the same.
I'm guessing maybe something a long the lines of an Accord Crosstour or BMW Gran Turismo?

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Bestcar is saying this is the Crown. It will be FWD and AWD.

FMZ44ijakAQAPE2?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
Yuck. I know it's just a render and that we've known this would more than assuredly be the case for a long time now but a crossover does not scream "aspirational flagship Toyota brand model" to me in any way.

I'll never understand why everything in an automaker's lineup eventually has to become a crossover or SUV or why so many people buy those shapes in such numbers so as to make that a never-ending trend.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Whoever is buying SUVs and Crossovers today obviously aren’t living in CA where unleaded REGULAR gas is just shy of $5/gallon.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Isn't there going to be 2 versions? The sedan version for people who still have logic and common sense in their respective brains, and then the crossover version for all the weird people out there who think a tall passenger vehicle is a safer than a passenger vehicle at a low to normal height.

OP
OP
Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Isn't there going to be 2 versions? The sedan version for people who still have logic and common sense in their respective brains, and then the crossover version for all the weird people out there who think a tall passenger vehicle is a safer than a passenger vehicle at a low to normal height.
Yes sir

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/333401

20211010_NEW_CROWN_1_01.jpg

20211010_NEW_CROWN_1_02.jpg
Sponsored