Toyota FT-1 Supra vs Lexus LC

Do you think the new Supra will underpin the Lexus LC?

• Yes, make it a true Toyota!

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No, it will be a jointly project with BMW.

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters

supraninja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
Just replied to the LF-LC thread and got to thinkin. How's the FT1 / Supra going to compare? Not at all since it's going to be a LFA level type car or will there be shared components and tech?
Sponsored

500strong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
Technology always flows down to some extent from top end halo sports cars so don't be surprised to see the FT1 / Supra get components from the LF-LC.

Plus it'd be a great marketing point to say that the Supra receives x, y, and z originally developed for a top end sports car like the LF.

NeroZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S Release Series 1
There may be shared tech and parts but the LF-LC is still going to have LFA type power for cheaper, but still way more expensive than the Supra should be. Let's just hope the FT-1 does not get that kind of price tag.

S O B

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Over the summer there were rumors that there were LF-LC coupes running around with 600hp twin turbo version of the RC F's V8.
I don't expect a Supra to get as much power as the SC (assuming that's what the LFLC is called) since it won't be as much $ but if it could get a detuned version somewhere in the 500-600hp range that would be incredible and I'd be first on a list.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Over the summer there were rumors that there were LF-LC coupes running around with 600hp twin turbo version of the RC F's V8.
I don't expect a Supra to get as much power as the SC (assuming that's what the LFLC is called) since it won't be as much $ but if it could get a detuned version somewhere in the 500-600hp range that would be incredible and I'd be first on a list.
This car would be incredible.

I can't wait to see the final specs on this car. While they're not the same project, what the LF-LC gets I think would set the bar for what could come to FT1/Supra.

Even without Supra, this car has the potential to be completely awesome by itself.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
The LF-LC will be called LC, and it will most likely be built on a shorten LS platform as stated by Lexus officials.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think they will be close but the LF-LC will have more power/technology + higher price tag

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Not really FT-1 news... But in my opinion this could only be good news for the FT-1.

1. The non believers that doubt FT-1 would make production because Toyota officials described the FT-1 as a design exercise with no specific production plans. Well I believe when the LF-LC debuted Lexus also stated that it was just a "pure design exercise" as well.

2. Those that are worried about the styling becoming too watered down may finally put their mind at ease. A Lexus official has stated that 90%+ of the LF-LC will carryover onto the production car. It is also worth noting the Lexus RC does resemble the LF-CC concept a lot. So hopefully the production FT-1 will also greatly resemble the concept.

Lexus LC test mule vs LF-LC concept
15-07-28-lexus-lf-lc-production-prototype-1.jpg

lexus_100376720_l.jpg

15-07-28-lexus-lf-lf-production-prototype-2.jpg

06-lexus-lf-lc-concept-detroit.jpg

Lexus LF-CC vs RC-F
Lexus-LF-CC-7%25255B2%25255D.jpg

2015-Lexus-RC-F-12.jpg

Last edited:

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
That looks really good even under full camouflage. Looks like it lost some of its width due to the tail lights being slimmed down but it still looks ultra wide. Definitely helps keeps my expectations high for FT-1.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hope things turn out as most of us expect. If all stays in line we should be seeing an FT-1 test mule running around sometime next year as well.

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S

323 Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati
Wow that looks like a concept car, that's how nice it is. But it's gonna be $100k+ right?

And does this car tell us anything about the new Supra?

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Wow that looks like a concept car, that's how nice it is. But it's gonna be $100k+ right?

And does this car tell us anything about the new Supra?
I have heard rumors of $90k-$100k.

@Noble713 did noticed around the 5:00 mark that Sato-san say "The Supra gives me a very natural feel when you turn the steering."

So does this mean that the Supra will underpin the LC? Or because of the language barrier he got confused.

Sponsored