Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 GR, Toyota GR Yaris, Honda Civic Type R
Let's hope! Lexus has plenty of big plans of their own with new designs and a gradual all-electric lineup (after hybrids, just like Toyota) so yes I think the GR GT3 is better suited on the Toyota side.

Though personally I also hope it has something to do with a sixth generation Supra rather than a totally different model. The Supra should live on into new generations past just the MKV.
I think the Supra nameplate will still go on. But it will surely be in the form of hybrid electric or hydrogen-ICE. The last hurrah for the petrol-ICE is already happening now as we know it. Thanks to Toyota for giving it a last push, not for money but for love of driving and passion.

kappa_md

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 GR, Toyota GR Yaris, Honda Civic Type R
LOL There's still enough years between now and 2035 for a whole Sports car life cycle before they go all electric, so who knows.
Yes itā€™s all theories and opinions as of now. We really donā€™t know :) But Lexus has already shown teasers of their next sports car concept which is quite different from the GT3 concept. But I may also be wrong, only hopeful ;)
666FA9AC-230E-4347-B103-D9EB9A3AE07D.jpeg
5C408EFD-B08B-4E76-9D6C-0E6AF5967B27.jpeg
4A6A4F06-4317-4153-90E5-B3219FDE6CB9.jpeg

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think the Supra nameplate will still go on. But it will surely be in the form of hybrid electric or hydrogen-ICE. The last hurrah for the petrol-ICE is already happening now as we know it. Thanks to Toyota for giving it a last push, not for money but for love of driving and passion.
I do hope that you are correct. The Supra nameplate in the form of a powerful but still mostly affordable two-door, low-slung, long hood, powerful GT sportscar should continue on. In the EV era especially it's the very style and shape, feel behind the wheel and overall identity of unique cars that will set them apart.

Though for a next generation I'd expect a gas-electric hybrid and perhaps even a hydrogen ICE verison many years from now once the hydrogen refueling infrastructure for large commercial vehicles makes that more viable alongside electric chargers.

I agree that overall I am glad that they made this version happen as a last generation inline-six gasoline-turbo RWD. And also kept it from being a $100k base car that far fewer people could ever hope to get into.

Same goes for the GT86/GR86 and the GR Yaris and GR Corolla.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/484393?prd=2

Toyota GR (500ps class) EV sports (scheduled to appear in 2026)
ā—Development started with 2-seater and 4WD!

Toyota has also started development of EV sports to be released under the GR brand. The latest information is that the budget has been approved for the 2026 line-off.

A 2-seater pure sports 4WD with front and rear motors. The e-TNGA platform used in the bZ4X is likely to be adopted, but if it appears in 2026, it may become Toyota's first all-solid-state battery-equipped vehicle.

It is said that the maximum output is aimed at the 500ps class, and although there is a difference between FR and 4WD, the car class is an EV version of the Supra. I would like to expect an affordable price.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/484393?prd=2

Toyota GR (500ps class) EV sports (scheduled to appear in 2026)
ā—Development started with 2-seater and 4WD!

Toyota has also started development of EV sports to be released under the GR brand. The latest information is that the budget has been approved for the 2026 line-off.

A 2-seater pure sports 4WD with front and rear motors. The e-TNGA platform used in the bZ4X is likely to be adopted, but if it appears in 2026, it may become Toyota's first all-solid-state battery-equipped vehicle.

It is said that the maximum output is aimed at the 500ps class, and although there is a difference between FR and 4WD, the car class is an EV version of the Supra. I would like to expect an affordable price.
Somehow I just don't believe this. I feel like this may be the GR Celica, and not the GR Supra.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Somehow I just don't believe this. I feel like this may be the GR Celica, and not the GR Supra.
It is 100% the GR Celica and not the GR Supra. Most of the same information has been reported already (likely solid state battery, dual motor 4WD/AWD, two-seater traditional coupe body, 500hp target, etc.).

This includes a tie-up with Mazda who will be selling their own lighter version with just a rear-motor RWD-only configuration that is uniquely a series battery-electric hybrid using a new Wankel rotary that will generate power for the driveline and also rev out under acceleration (even though it will not directly power the wheels).

At this point it's unknown what form an A100 Supra generation would take. The GR GT3 concept seemed like it might be it but even that's an unknown so far.