Toyota GR Supra GT4 - First VLN race of 2019

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
The Supra was 63rd overall..out of almost 150 finishing cars and 3rd "in class" but quite some ways from the 1st and 2nd place cars. I'm not sure how the classes are distributed so take from this what you may.

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
The Supra was 63rd overall..out of almost 150 finishing cars and 3rd "in class" but quite some ways from the 1st and 2nd place cars. I'm not sure how the classes are distributed so take from this what you may.
Where are the final results and do you know which cars brought 1st and 2nd?!

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
From the video coverage like the MKV wasn't really on it and was getting passed on several turns.

Gaz_smithy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Vehicle Showcase
Where are the final results and do you know which cars brought 1st and 2nd?!
From what I read was 1st - M2 Competition and 2nd - Mercedes-AMG GT4 in the Supra's Class

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Results Attached. Lookup SPT8 in the attached file.

Its very very hard to judge anything from this, postive or negative. There is a mountain of cars, and a mountain of classes. Its like trying to compare apples with oranges, plus bananas, hats, a spanner, some chalk and cheese as well. We can say the A90 is 3rd in the class, but its only 6 entries, with one DNF's which was the second AMG of the team that came in 2nd.

The one thing I will say is: After seeing this, forget the rocket bunny kit or a 2jz - RIght now there are a bunch of tuners working on creating a visual replica of that car for customers. Just like we saw with the old Castrol TOM's livery of celica's and supra's in the 80/90's, people are going to be putting A90's on the street looking just like that.
It did a time of 4:11:03

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
It ended 3rd out of 6 in the SP8T class. Not bad.

Best laptime was 10 min 47 seconds. This is for the full Nordschleife plus the modern GP (F1) circuit which is an additional 5.2kms, so you cannot compare to the typical internet "Nurburgring" laptime.

At this early stage of development, I´m glad to see the B58 + ZF8 is holding up to over 4 hours of heavy track use. Interesting to know if there´s anything done to the engine other than cooling improvements: dry sump?

upload_2019-5-1_12-23-13.png

nigaskiga

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord
This isn't the actual 24 hour nurburg race so VLN 3 is still mostly a test for a lot of the teams. Plus this whole project is probably for durability and mechanic training anyway. The result isn't the number one priority I'd say. Plus There's a lot of GT3 cars which are supposed to be faster proably before it.
Sponsored