Toyota in-line6 A/T or B58 M/T? Why?

Discussion in 'B58 6-Cyl Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Bolt-Ons' started by corry29, Jan 21, 2019.

?

Toyota in-line6 A/T or B58 M/T

1. Toyota in-line 6 A/T

36.4%
  2. BMW B58 M/T

63.6%
  1. corry29

corry29 Active Member

Car(s):
    ハチロク
    Liked:
    Kinda asked this question on another thread and kinda wanted to expand on this and hear more opinions.

Basically a “what if” scenario

And explain why!
    Let’s have fun

2. F1 Silver Arrows

F1 Silver Arrows Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    BMW B58 M/T

For the engine, the B58 with the modifications that Toyota specifically have made for Supra (new Toyota turbo, software updates ECU, Toyota grade pumps, accommodations in the engine bay for tuners/future models, has undergone and has met the Toyota reliability standards, it is built from a closed bottom end and up in terms of engine development, which is very similar to the Toyota inline-six engines, and a plethora of other reasons), and the fact that it sounds like every single other Supra, makes it perfect for me. It has that iconic turbo whistle and the low end grunt/roar that the Toyota inline-sixes were so famous for which makes me give it a 10/10. Soon hopefully that engine can be altered in time and it will be a full on Toyota engine and nothing BMW. As of now I am totally cool with that B58. Weirdly enough, I would be proud of it because it's a new inline-six and proven to be pretty reliable without Toyota tinkering it (now imagine what Toyota may have done to it :bow:) that fits so well to the Supra MkV characteristics or any Supra in general.

Regarding the transmission, the manual is so crucial to the sports car experience. Especially in a Toyota Supra.

Thus this is why I would easily go with B58 because it is so damn good, with a manual.

3. Bryster

Bryster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Car(s):
    Nothing,considering a Civic DX
    Liked:
    A B58 that's been refined by Toyota is in a sense a "Toyota engine";)

4. A70TTR

A70TTR Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Tundra TRD Pro, ST205 GT4, JZA70 TT-R, Q50-RS
    Liked:
    I'd so take a Toyota I6 AT over B58 MT. I don't dislike the B58, but Toyota is Toyota.

People are nuts...

corry29 and Bryster like this.