Toyota in-line6 A/T or B58 M/T? Why?

Toyota in-line6 A/T or B58 M/T

• Total voters

corry29

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ハチロク
Kinda asked this question on another thread and kinda wanted to expand on this and hear more opinions.

Basically a “what if” scenario

Lol.

On the other note/poll though

Would you guys prefer the MKV Supra with a Toyota developed turbo inline 6 but Auto only or a MKV Supra with the given B58 with Manual

I’m an Alchemist, but there must be an equivalent trade.
And explain why!
Let’s have fun
Sponsored

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
BMW B58 M/T

For the engine, the B58 with the modifications that Toyota specifically have made for Supra (new Toyota turbo, software updates ECU, Toyota grade pumps, accommodations in the engine bay for tuners/future models, has undergone and has met the Toyota reliability standards, it is built from a closed bottom end and up in terms of engine development, which is very similar to the Toyota inline-six engines, and a plethora of other reasons), and the fact that it sounds like every single other Supra, makes it perfect for me. It has that iconic turbo whistle and the low end grunt/roar that the Toyota inline-sixes were so famous for which makes me give it a 10/10. Soon hopefully that engine can be altered in time and it will be a full on Toyota engine and nothing BMW. As of now I am totally cool with that B58. Weirdly enough, I would be proud of it because it's a new inline-six and proven to be pretty reliable without Toyota tinkering it (now imagine what Toyota may have done to it :bow:) that fits so well to the Supra MkV characteristics or any Supra in general.

Regarding the transmission, the manual is so crucial to the sports car experience. Especially in a Toyota Supra.

Thus this is why I would easily go with B58 because it is so damn good, with a manual.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
A B58 that's been refined by Toyota is in a sense a "Toyota engine";)

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I'd so take a Toyota I6 AT over B58 MT. I don't dislike the B58, but Toyota is Toyota.

People are nuts...
Sponsored