TOYOTA STORE IN WASHINGTON STATE

WaraWara

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
I work for a Toyota store in Washington state, and am gathering information on the launch edition Supra, there are approximately 1499 of those. Think that every Toyota store will get 1 starting out, and maybe 2(based on sales performance and Akio's favor) in late spring, and then they will be made available based on noticed demand in the middle of summer.

Do people feel comfortable signing up and paying a deposit on a car that probably will not be in their possession for 6 months?
Do people get onto as many lists as possible in hopes of getting lucky?
Would someone be willing to fly into a small farm town to get their car and either drive back, or trailer it?
Sponsored

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I work for a Toyota store in Washington state, and am gathering information on the launch edition Supra, there are approximately 1499 of those. Think that every Toyota store will get 1 starting out, and maybe 2(based on sales performance and Akio's favor) in late spring, and then they will be made available based on noticed demand in the middle of summer.

Do people feel comfortable signing up and paying a deposit on a car that probably will not be in their possession for 6 months?
Would someone be willing to fly into a small farm town to get their car and either drive back, or trailer it?
1)Deposit only if it's 100% refundable in writing, guaranteed an allocation and sold below MSRP.
2)I know with the 991.2 GT3, they tracked their allocation to alleviate this issue. IMO, these are not going to fly off the showroom floors.
3)I bought my Ducati up in Bellavue, loaded it and drove back to CA. Unless it's a really smoking deal or a rare/vintage car, an out of state purchases isn't worth it.

dvq

First Name
dvq
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda S2000, Tesla Model 3, BMW M4 ZCP

I'd probably fly into WA to pick up a non-launch edition @ MSRP -- with a deposit.

HATED1

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
86, 370z, 350z, 240sx
I am located in Olympia, WA and am in the market for purchasing one. I would be interested if I am able to get a 100% refundable deposit, below or at MSRP w/no additional mark ups, in writing of course, thanks for your time.

Anigreen

First Name
Ani
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS
I went to the Kirkland Toyota, and there was this big shot, he said they will probably gonna get only 2 this year. And he laughed at my face when i asked the MSRP pricing, because he said there is no way they are going to sell at the MSRP, at least 10-15k more because of the demand.

He literally smiled at me and rubbed his palms together. Wtf

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the Kirkland Toyota, and there was this big shot, he said they will probably gonna get only 2 this year. And he laughed at my face when i asked the MSRP pricing, because he said there is no way they are going to sell at the MSRP, at least 10-15k more because of the demand.

Well, I guess they aren't selling many lol.

BRZer86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Jaguar XJL Portfolio

$10-$15k is ridiculous. Iā€™d might as well go for a 718 at that price point, not sure what kind of idiot would stroke a 20-30% premium for any car.

Drift_Office

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ZN6 / ZC6 / S13 / R32 / AE86 / VAG / Mini Cooper S / Bertone X19
As of today, according to some of the bewildered employees at Doxon Toyota, the 3 coming in are "pre-sold" and there's no final price as of yet. Nor do they know when they're getting it beyond "late summer" or the trims they're getting them in. No MSRP markup according to them, but who knows as we really don't have a final price either.

Rob

SupraBoyz

First Name
Vatino
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Vatino.net
Car(s)
18 GT86

Wtf. Whoever pays 10 to 15k more are smoking. No way.

whozaka

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium

If my deal falls through here in Virginia, I totally would fly up there visit my mom in Victoria and come get the supra and drive back to Virginia Beach. that would one hell of a journey and a nice vacation.

ToyotaEdwardMk2

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Volvo S60R Toyota Supra Mk2
I am located in Olympia, WA and am in the market for purchasing one. I would be interested if I am able to get a 100% refundable deposit, below or at MSRP w/no additional mark ups, in writing of course, thanks for your time.
$10-$15k is ridiculous. Iā€™d might as well go for a 718 at that price point, not sure what kind of idiot would stroke a 20-30% premium for any car.

Wow I work here in sales. That guy that works here has no idea what he's talking about. We are selling it at MSRP. We do not mark up any of our new cars.

Probably has zero knowledge about the car or that generation of them.

We are getting them in 2 weeks. If any of you guys want to get your name on the list. Let me know.
Sponsored