Toyota Supra and BMW Z4 Sales Figures

qmantran

First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37S
Can someone enlighten me the difference between the "B58C" & "B58D" & the one that is currently in the Supra?

Google isn't helping other than the Z4 US model gets the B58D motor, but I was hoping to get the technical differences

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone enlighten me the difference between the "B58C" & "B58D" & the one that is currently in the Supra?

Google isn't helping other than the Z4 US model gets the B58D motor, but I was hoping to get the technical differences
The b58c has the headifold where as the b58d has the tradition head and exhaust manifold separate. The supra has the 58c in it now, the 2021 cars are supposedly coming with the b58d though.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what "sold" means - does it mean that the cars actually left the lot? Because in some instances I know that people have paid for and received title to their cars but not actually received them yet, whereas in other cases people have deposits and are still awaiting the arrival of their cars. It's really hard to tell what these sales figures mean without knowing how many Supras were even available to be purchased over the last month or so (given that many of the LE haven't even arrived yet, although there are also 3.0 base and premium models that have made it out into the marketplace already).

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
12,000 per year for N.A. was the goal last I heard, but that may have been wishful thinking lol. IIRC, they wanted to do 6000 this year, but looking like it's only gonna be like 5k overall.
That would still be pretty good. Porsche only moves about 5k 718 Caymans and Boxsters annually.

2016 - 3,585
2017 - 5,087
2018 - 5,276

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
Wouldn't this mean - at this point - that they have not even sold all the Launch Editions since there are 1500 of them in the USA? I know there have been a decent amount of Premiums sold. I think July had like 383 or something.... or am I missing something?

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Wouldn't this mean - at this point - that they have not even sold all the Launch Editions since there are 1500 of them in the USA? I know there have been a decent amount of Premiums sold. I think July had like 320.... or am I missing something?
You are correct, there are quite a few on Autotrader with $10k-$20k+ mark ups. :rofl:

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
You are correct, there are quite a few on Autotrader with $10k-$20k+ mark ups. :rofl:
I was happy - due to this forum - to get my Red LE at MSRP with no hassle. Little bit of a drive... but worth it.

You Drive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Red LE, C8 Corvette Z51 Torch Red, M3C
  • The all-new Supra completed the first full month of sales; with 643 vehicles sold