Not open for further replies.

zigzagz94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ, 3g Eclipse
5'' longer than the GT86 but no back seats :doh:

Why do cars keep getting bigger but have less usable space? :bat:
I own a 2015 BRZ and have never used my back seats. The fact that MKV is a liftback also makes it more usable for me than traditional trunk as well.
Sponsored

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I own a 2015 BRZ and have never used my back seats. The fact that MKV is a liftback also makes it more usable for me than traditional trunk as well.
sure but I would be quite surprised if the Supra's cargo capacity is larger than the 86's with the backseats folded down. The 86 can carry a respectable amount of stuff especially if you have the spare + tools out of the trunk.

zigzagz94

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ, 3g Eclipse
sure but I would be quite surprised if the Supra's cargo capacity is larger than the 86's with the backseats folded down. The 86 can carry a respectable amount of stuff especially if you have the spare + tools out of the trunk.
Oh I agree I don't think it will be larger but maybe close to the same. And I was thinking with it being a lift back I won't have to try and play tetris to get larger oddly shaped items into the trunk and through the pass through.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Not all liftbacks are that great - the 370Z's storage is a joke, the trunk floor is so high and the lift back so horizontal that only the first few feet behind the seats have any vertical storage - and some of that is obliterated by an intruding back strut brace. The Supra may not be much better.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Google Translation:

■ Racing version is exhibited at the Geneva show in March
 Soon, the Geneva Motor Show will be held from March 9th. At this new announcement festival, TMG's Supra's racing specification will be released for the first time (for the new version of the Supra in the commercial version, it will be shown at the New York show at the end of March or the future motor show in the end).

TMG, which is based in Europe and conducts various motor sports activities at Toyota, including vehicle development. Although details on the TMG racing specification have not been clarified yet, there was speculation that "GT 3 machine?", But the information that it is a racing machine of "LM-GTE class" came in.

The LM-GTE class is one of the categories of racing cars for endurance racing developed from group GT-2, and can participate in Le Mans, WEC (FIA World Endurance Championships), Daytona 24 Hours race and others. By regulation, engine displacement is up to 5.5 L for NA and up to 4 L with supercharger.

Currently, Toyota is participating in world motorsports such as WRC, WEC, 24 Hours of Nursing racing, etc. This Supra's LM-GTE machine has been used for overseas endurance races such as Le Mans and WEC There is no mistake to participate in the game.

Currently, Toyota is participating in WEC to the "LMP 1" class of sports protocols in a hybrid machine, but this Superura GTE will fight even in the "LM-GTE class" of GT cars.

LMP 1 will remain as a work system until now (from this year F1 champion Fernando Alonso will compete in Toyota), the Supra GTE may be a participating player including a privateer, It will be appealing in the endurance race of North America. Circuit debut is expected to 2019.

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/newcar/2433

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
The LB-like fixed wing looks epic IMO, but it might fit better on a GT racer with a livery. Also, an active wing allows for aero tuning, and it just ups its game against competitors like the base Mustangs and Camaros, the Nissan Z, and the Civic Type R.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.