JT

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
In a scene from MotorTrend's Downshift episode featuring Toyota's designers discussing the FT-1 concept, we see sketch boards behind a covered FT-1 which shows a preview of the FT-1 Racing version concept (screen capture below).

Its design and color scheme certainly seems similar to one of the FT-86 concept models -- the G Sports Concept.

Toyota FT-1 Racing Version-1.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

JT

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Notice also that the background behind the Racing version sketch appears to show an outline of the Nurburgring track.

toyota-ft-1-racing-version-1-jpg.jpg

151000203024_1_1_1.jpg

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I'm not really feeling that huge fix wing. I'm still hoping for an active rear wing option.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
could very well be but i think that might still be a non-official rendering...where is the wing mounted in the render going? toyota's teaser makes it pretty clear it sits on the trunk but the visible mount seems to just disappear behind the car in the magazine. personally i think that rendering looks a bit watered down so im hoping production ends up lookin a little more aggressive than that especially considering it has a widebody kit/look..

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
+1 looks very much to be an amateur render.

Might be close to the real deal, but IMO not the real deal.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I do like it but that nose intake is really bugging me how it’s taller and doesn’t line up with the side intakes.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
2019 Toyota Supra statistics leaked: 1496kg, 335bhp, 0-62mph in 3.8sec
Statistics of upcoming sports car appear to have been leaked by Japanese media; Toyota won't confirm if they're legitimate

The 2019 Toyota Supra will have 335bhp, 332lb ft and a 0-62mph time of 3.8sec, according to leaked statistics from Japanese magazine Best Car.

If the leak is to be believed, the new Supra will be 4380mm long, 1855mm wide, 1290mm tall and will have a wheelbase of 2470mm. This is 140mm shorter, 45mm wider, 15mm taller and 80mm shorter than the previous Supra of 1993. At 1496kg, the new car is 14kg lighter than the previous Supra and 250kg heavier than the Toyota GT86.

Also shown is rendered styling of Toyota’s forthcoming sports car model, which is returning after an absence of 16 years. The images of the Best Car pages first appeared on fan site SupraMkV.com. The best hints we've had of the car's styling come from a preview image of a Geneva-bound, motorsport-themed concept, as well as images of the car in development.

The Supra's engine, a 3.0-litre, six-cylinder dual overhead cam unit, produces 335bhp at 5500rpm and 332lb ft of torque at 1380-5200rpm. It’s thought that an eight-speed torque-converter automatic gearbox will be used - both engine and gearbox are derived from BMW units, shared with the 2019 BMW Z4, with which the Supra was co-developed. Both cars sit on the same carbonfibre architecture.

It’s not yet known what the top speed of the Supra is. The reported 3.8sec 0-62mph time puts it in league with the PDK-equipped Porsche 911 Carrera S; the Toyota is 14kg lighter and has 85bhp less than the Porsche.

The car's styling is already known to take considerable influence from Toyota's FT-1 concept revealed at the 2014 Detroit motor show, with large air intakes dominating the front end and outlets at the rear flanking slimline tail-lights and a ducktail spoiler. The double-bubble roof, which can be seen in the preview image of Toyota’s upcoming concept, is also visible in the renders.

Toyota would not comment on the leak, neither confirming the legitimacy of the statistics nor dismissing them as false.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...supra-statistics-leaked-1496kg-335bhp-0-62mph

lordsajj

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan GTR, Mercedes AMG GTS
Vehicle Showcase
If you look closely at the wing from the magazine render it seems its attached at a lower point where as the official tweet pic from Toyota the attachment points can be seen on the top of the trunk. I think its just a good render not really a "leak"

Status
Not open for further replies.