Toyota Supra vs Honda Civic Type R

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I was bored and came up with this page comparing the 19 Civic Type R vs the A90 Supra.

One part cracked me up was about the
0-60 time and said the Civic Type R is faster....

https://www.mullerhondaofgurnee.com...ivic-type-r-vs-2020-toyota-gr-supra-gurnee-il

2019 Honda Civic Type R Vs 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Serving Gurnee, IL

When it comes to driving fast, the race is on between the 2019 Civic Type R and the 2020 Toyota GR Supra. When it comes down to the line, which one should you get? While there are appealing parts to both, we recommend the Civic Type R. This year's Type R has a leading edge in performance, thanks to its new turbo-charged engine, and an improved ride that strikes a perfect balance between sporty and luxurious. This year, there are more standard safety and tech features, too. While you might feel cramped in many sports cars, the Type R has a notably more spacious and roomy cabin than many of its peers, including the GR Supra. Although the Supra, which returns after a 20-year hiatus, gets more performance features this year, it still falls short of what the Type R offers. The drivetrain lags slightly, and the interior sacrifices some comfort for athleticism.

Performance
In tests on the track, the Type R consistently wins. That's because Honda goes to great lengths to make its engine as powerful as possible. This draws customers and gives the Type R an advantage over competitors. The Type R this year is equipped with a high-tech, turbo-charged 2.0L engine that produces up to 306 HP. This engine, which is a production of Honda's 50-year plus engineering, makes its much-anticipated debut in the 2019 Type R. Completing the engine's outstanding amenities is the fact that it is encased in a signature red cover. While the Type R's engine has been fine-tuned and adjusted over the years, the Supra launches this year with an engine that is more or less a trial version. The Supra's engine is also turbo-charged, but it has a slower acceleration time from 0-60 than the Type R. When it comes down to seconds on the track, this makes a difference.

What's New For The 2019 Honda Civic Type R?

Interior Features

BienLaunchEdition

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 Porsche Cayenne
Vehicle Showcase
I believe because the Civic is roughly 280 lbs. lighter than the Supra.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Lmao, calling the B58 a "trial engine" has got to be the best comment there
I guess he was sorta right, they did change the motor on the 2021.... lol

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
The Supra's engine is also turbo-charged, but it has a slower acceleration time from 0-60 than the Type R. When it comes down to seconds on the track, this makes a difference.
5.4 seconds to 60 for the Type R vs 3.9 seconds for the Supra....

I love the Type R, but come on now lol.

It's always fun to read the obviously biased articles. I can't wait to drive a Supra on the track.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
5.4 seconds to 60 for the Type R vs 3.9 seconds for the Supra....

I love the Type R, but come on now lol.

It's always fun to read the obviously biased articles. I can't wait to drive a Supra on the track.

Yeah, true! I am trying out to get out of Honda scene myself...

But I did get bored at work last week and went looking at the CTR. lol With that mark up. Might as well get a A90 base!

8A1094CD-EB02-41C8-B8D2-8694914DB2EB.jpeg

9AD5BD75-B9BD-48FD-9DD3-C5893235B3E9.jpeg

66AD4709-E786-4FCF-A499-CABB6CA98167.jpeg

View attachment 26320

B82300E1-0AF7-4496-AA03-15D72B29490E.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Markup on a Type R even when dealerships are bleeding out of cash? Man, I hate these dealers and their markups. I wish al OEM's sold cars like Tesla so we didn't have to deal with these stealerships.

Lamborarri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I have both cars and I love the CTR, been taking both to the track too, but I would not believe this. LMAO

Dastanli

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma, Camry, civic
Really hope this makes that honda dealership look real bad. I love my civic, but I would never in my life compare the two and I think people who buy these cars do their research well before even going to take a look at these cars in person.