šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
I'm not sure you know what this word means. Show me the PR, until there is a PR, it's a rumor--even if internally true, and decidedly not confirmed by Toyota.
True. Letā€™s just wait and find out.

The targa roof, now thatā€™s a myth.
Sponsored

Last edited:

turboflgrl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd hardtop & 93 Miata
I feel like many people, not in here, that are "waiting" for the manual Supra are people who wouldn't own one anyway lol.

I was at a meet last week and some 18 year old was scream-talking to me about I WORK AT TOYOTA AND HAVE SEEN THE PAMPHLETS, DID YOU KNOW THERE'S A MANUAL VERSION COMING OUT?!

That's my post. That's what I have to add. ??
Agreed ?

I'm a waiter. My husband has a 94 already and I've loved MKIVs since I was a teen, but just cannot justify the insane markup in pricing over the last few years. Parts are scarce and so overpriced. So many of our friends have MKIV money pits. God forbid if anything major went wrong - I'm not a risk taker lol

So... I turned to the MKV back when I joined here a few years ago. I promptly left when no manual was announced, but no other car moves me quite like the Supra. Sounds silly but I've had stupid cars most of my adult life unlike many of the enthusiasts on this board I imagine. I didn't learn to drive manual until I got my Miata a few years ago so the novelty hasn't worn off for me yet. I guess that's why it's been a non-negotiable for me. I just love manual shifting and the coordination of it all I guess.

That said, if Toyota decides to play with my emotions and pull the manual idea, I'll probably still buy the auto anyway. I'm growing pretty impatient by the day.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
its probably coming based on the pics/vids and confirmation by all those within Toyota. with that said i think everyone needs to chill and stop going at each others throats until we see a press release with official info.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Has anyone here driven a newer BMW manual?....they shift like $hit. No soul, rev matching up and down, snappy clutch.... I'll stick to my auto. (Never thought I'd say that after owning more than a dozen manual vehicles.)

Edit, my last car was a 2020 STI, had a great transmission, shifted well, just made zero power.

Last edited:

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Has anyone here driven a newer BMW manual?....they shift like $hit. No soul, rev matching up and down, snappy clutch.... I'll stick to my auto. (Never thought I'd say that after owning more than a dozen manual vehicles.)
Iā€™ll be curious long term in the future if the manuals will hold value more so than the zf like the mkiv has.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Toyota Supra With Manual Transmission Spotted In The U.S. (FULL LEAK).mkv_snapshot_00.05.649_1.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 12.57.56 PM_1.png

Looks same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.