👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Has anyone here driven a newer BMW manual?....they shift like $hit. No soul, rev matching up and down, snappy clutch.... I'll stick to my auto. (Never thought I'd say that after owning more than a dozen manual vehicles.)
THIS! I have never enjoyed BMWs manual (from my e36 M3 (added AKG short shifter for better feel) to my f87 M2).

I owned a newer Miata and drove my friends Civic Type R (both these cars have amazing shifting feel from the factory)

My old BMW M2 manual was my LEAST favorite manual car i've owned. There was a huge clutch pedal engagement gap (though there was a cheap fix for this), the transmission hated it when you shift too quickly, and the throws are long which didn't feel like a sport car; of course a short shifter would probably solve that issue out.

Now I will say, if Toyota does indeed go through for a Manual Supra, then I give kudos to them for listening to their (potential) customer base. I'm sure some wouldn't mind taking a financial hit to trade up either.

.....but i'm just saying, if it's anything like the M2, some here may be disappointed in the factory feel of the clutch\stick. Again, an aftermarket short shifter kit would remedy this though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
The very few manuals that are out there, are less and less what everyone who wants one claims to crave.

Meaning the raw control.

They hold on hills, rev matching. I mean, you are almost at paddles by that point anyway.

My friend's GT4- which is an almost perfect car rev matches for you. No more heel toe! So those who claim to have race car driver skill because they push a third peddle really aren't!

just saying

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I stuck a "Save The Manual" car decal on my box of owner's manuals.

Okay no one asked me.. never mind.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My friend's GT4- which is an almost perfect car rev matches for you. No more heel toe!
370z also has rev match. Haven't driven it too much to know if you can turn it off. Can you on GT4?
Porsche MT are brutal. Clutch super heavy.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Anyone else noticed how the interior was redone to accommodate the stick? It looks like that bar piece is either gone or has been pushed way back.

IMG_5324.jpg

I wonder if all Supras will get the redesign interior or will it be exclusive to the manual model.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
370z also has rev match. Haven't driven it too much to know if you can turn it off. Can you on GT4?
Porsche MT are brutal. Clutch super heavy.
EDIT: yes you can disable Rev match on GT3/4
Have driven on the street, back roads and the track. It is typical Porsche perfection.
Believe the rev matching is an attempt to smooth and speed up mechanical shift action by the driver.

since it wasn’t my car I was concentrating on turns and braking speeds too more to really play with it

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If production is suppose to start in 6 months when do you guys think we'll get an announcement, March?
2023 Toyota Sequoia Debuts January 25.
Maybe Supra will follow? Doubt...

Status
Not open for further replies.