TPMS 42607-WAA02 with TE37SL

akadic10

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi, I am having some trouble installing this TPMS sensor on the TE37 wheel. Basically when I tighten it, it tops out on smaller gasket before it can create a tight seal for the wheel. It's almost as if a washer is needed but it didn't come with one. Pictures for extra clarity. What have others done with this combination? Thanks

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Did you tighten to 35 in/lbs? It should compress that plastic washer and get past it.

-RJM

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Did you tighten to 35 in/lbs? It should compress that plastic washer and get past it.

-RJM
Good point, I missed that tiny annotation above, but 2 things I also see:

1. as I tightened with a small torque wrench to the provided specs in my tpms, the tighter it got, it did push past that tiny black ring you note in the 2nd picture.

2. If you look at the ebay listing of the ones I used, there's a rubber washer on both sides of the rim which for me felt like a nice secure seal (when I reached torque spec) and didn't scratch my rim with the aluminum upper portion tightening directly on the rim. Idk if you're missing a rubber washer or if there isn't one on that style tpms but just thought I'd note the difference.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
OP
OP

akadic10

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You should be able to tighten it down far enough. Get a small torque wrench if you don't have one or borrow one. I used the one I have for my bike so you could possibly get or borrow one from a bike shop if they're friendly.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B083MRWD6Q/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_9BJ1FS5H7WA5CDZQZZXR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

That thing has been so useful on so many projects lol.
Will order just to have it, but I feel like I am way past the 3ftlb mark with a basic wrench

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Will order just to have it, but I feel like I am way past the 3ftlb mark with a basic wrench
The only other thing I can think of is the little black ring you identified becoming mangled somehow. I had one that broke apart and I had to remove it before I could screw my top half all the way down. Doesn't appear that way from your photo but just something to check.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
If you look at the ebay listing of the ones I used, there's a rubber washer on both sides of the rim which for me felt like a nice secure seal (when I reached torque spec) and didn't scratch my rim with the aluminum upper portion tightening directly on the rim. Idk if you're missing a rubber washer or if there isn't one on that style tpms but just thought I'd note the difference.
What’s interesting is that I ordered a second set of aluminum valve stem covers and they have a plastic washer integrated into the bottom section. Its less likely to mar the wheel.

-RJM

08C9E431-052D-404F-ACCA-0FF296B1DD6E.jpeg

OP
OP

akadic10

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What’s interesting is that I ordered a second set of aluminum valve stem covers and they have a plastic washer integrated into the bottom section. Its less likely to mar the wheel.

-RJM

08C9E431-052D-404F-ACCA-0FF296B1DD6E.jpeg
Do you have a link by chance?

APK407

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra (Absolute Zero)
Hi, I am having some trouble installing this TPMS sensor on the TE37 wheel. Basically when I tighten it, it tops out on smaller gasket before it can create a tight seal for the wheel. It's almost as if a washer is needed but it didn't come with one. Pictures for extra clarity. What have others done with this combination? Thanks

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg
I curious did using these sensors work out? Im having the same issue with my sensors on my TE37SLs, I got the exact same ones as in the picture.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
You have to torque these to the specs in the instructions. Its a break away ring and will slide into place....ask me how I found out the hard way.

OP
OP

akadic10

First Name
Alen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The person that mounted my tires has a lot of experience and torqued them to slide into place as the person above said. However, the instructions mentioned something like 4 inch pounds of torque which is not enough torque to perform the "slide into place" part. Either way, I had mine mounted for months now with no issues.
Sponsored