trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Hope everyone is safe and keeping occupied...especially making out to the tracks.
Im a Certified Driving Instructor for majority of tracks in the USA. I want to give my input after owning the car 10 months, daily driver and track tool.
You can find my modifications in my older threads but as of now i am done modding the car.
Love the car as a daily, great on gas, so much fun, attention whore, easily parks anywhere! On the track, well im partial.

Curious how the new GRMN will feel compared to this platform. Increased horsepower is fun but lets make the car lighter and handle better, please! How are you guys liking the Supra on the track?

Below are pics of my GR at Limerock. ran 59's on a R comp tire which is pretty good for just having the HKS Hypermax height adjusters, Carbotech XP8 pads, 18' Forgelines, Highflow catted DP with Ecutek tune.
As a comparison my 2011 E92 M3 runs 58.9xx on a street tire....57's with fresh Hoosier's.
Both cars weigh the same but the supra's has 35 extra WHP and 105 extra TQ compared to my E92.
So why does my e92 run a slightly faster lap time than the powerful SUPRA? Suspension, brakes, Aero.
Not saying Toyota/BMW will ....but would be nice if they really focused on the handling department ..tweaked the issues like the sagging spongy rear of the Supra. You can see in the pictures and im not the only one that feels what the car is doing under my ass.
All in all i have been spoiled by owning and tracking my E92 M3 the last 8 years.

LIMEROCK.JPG

LRPGR.JPG

lrpGR1.JPG

lrpGR2.JPG
Sponsored