Track Settings

Ron H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just got my 2021 Supra and as soon as I get a few thousand miles on it I plan to take it to the track for a workout. I'd like some advice about what settings I should choose besides full Sports Mode. VSC on/off, Traction control ? Tire pressure? Anything else? Thanks,
Ron H
Sponsored

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
That's depending your track experience.

in General, I'd recommend to start out with just sports mode and TP to 34# to begin with. And then gradually take of traction control off and VSC off as well as lowering TP.

Also, having protection like track tape or blue tape and tire pressure gauge are good to have.

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
Well that depends a lot on the type of track you'll be on.
Straight line? Road course? Auto cross?

OP
OP

Ron H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Well that depends a lot on the type of track you'll be on.
Straight line? Road course? Auto cross?
Course will be a two mile Grand Prix type with straight away speeds not exceeding 90 mph and with about ten turns.

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scion FRS, B9 Audi S4, MK7.5 Golf GTI, GR Supra
Choose based on your own on track experience. This is my first high hp RWD car so I started with VSC in sport for the first two weekends, then start to turning it completely off. Remember to turn off the safety features (long hold to turn it off), and you have to do it before every sessions because it would turn all the features back on after you shut off the car

wtf

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
500hp 97 TT 6sp Aero, 800hp 98 GTX3584 6sp hardtop, 1000hp 92 R32GTR, 1300hp VR41 GT86, 600hp RB26 180SX, 1000hp R35GTR, 400hp SR20 AE86...
ESC mode depends on how experienced you are. You won't get the best lap times with it on, but you're also unlikely to bin it if you run out of talent.

My personal experience with ESC on these cars when pushed to the limit is not good, its very intrusive and quite dangerous, but you won't reach that unless you're going 9/10ths.

Tyre pressures depend on compound and construction. Aim for 32 hot on a semi slick, or 38-40 hot on a street tyre.

Before hitting the track I suggest changing to a race brake fluid. The stock stuff goes soon get after a lot of hard laps. Also get a wheel alignment.

First mods once you get going would be SPL control arms so you can adjust alignment. There is very little adjustability from factory.
Sponsored