ZokiSpeed

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 2.0L
Hello Guys,

i already introduced myself in the welcome-thread. I'm Zoran, 32 years old, living in germany.
I was crazy about cars when i was a little boy. Some years ago i bought a BMW Z4 E86. Because I've always had an affinity for motorsports i started to prepare the Z4 for the racetrack. Suspension, brakes, wheels... I started a little journey through motorsport on my youtube channel: Tried myself in the 318ti-Cup, national-racing licenses and started to build a F21 114i. Probably one of the fastest track-prepped 114i with stock motor here in germany.
Then i fulfilled my dream: Buying a supra! I got my hands on a red 2021 2.0L supra, from now on called "Akiko".
As i did it with the Z4, i modified it slowly, until i realised it was going to get worse again - in a good way!! 😀

This is how it looks today:

d0513efa-2b75-4a9d-9c40-3212baeb2ee8.jpg

current Mod-List:

-KW clubsport coilovers
-ProTrack 10x18" with 265/35/18 Yokohama A052
-brake cooling kit by speed engineering
-Endless N39S pads all around
-solid diff mounts
-strengthened and adjustable rear axle link rods with rigid bearings
-rigid bearings in all wishbones
-Recaro Pole Position with speed engineering consoles
-Stage 1 software (track-focused) giving estimated 300hp/470Nm

I'm really happy with those modifications. They transformed the whole car in a way you really can not describe. The grip is outstandig with the tire/coilover combination and the brakes are really performant with the Endless brake pads and the speed engineering brake cooling kit.
Are future modifications planned? - For sure! Right now im designing a hanging wing for Akiko, like the new GT3 RS has.

To slowly come to the end of my first posting in my track-supra thread, here's a track-picture! :

52290350721_846f171bd2_k.jpg

Would be very happy to meet like-minded people here to chat about everything what's around our supra-hobby. :)

See you!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZokiSpeed

ZokiSpeed

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 2.0L
Nice to see another track addict. I have done a lot to mine and have 64 track days on the car. I also instruct for NASA and PCA in the US Arizona region. Happy to connect and share my experience with the car.
Your car is gorgeous, Tod. Great design. Since I saw your installed wing, i'm even more excited about my wing. Do you feel a difference? Can you describe that? :) This is the prototype I'm actually developing:

2D96C0BC-EAE9-4C38-ABCF-8F47BC840D4B.jpg

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
Welcome! Glad to see you've achieved your dream!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Great job @ZokiSpeed and glad you’re here! Keep us posted on how she’s holding up for you on track 🏁🏁

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
that is a lot of wing on top of a plastic trunk. needs some serious support and the downforce needs to be transferred to the chassis

great looking track car! have a blast

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Ok I see you are all in - as it looks like you have fuel cell ( looking through the window in your pick) So you are on your way to a full race one which is great. So on the wing. This one is from Verus Engineering - and I made a bigger custom end plate. It works really well. You really feel it at the end of the straights at around 100mph so it does affect the HP pulling which makes sense, you kind of run out of steam as the acceleration rate drops off. Having said that - we did a test to see if was faster with or without on a track that I had very consistent lap times and it made about 2 sec difference, even though you are getting more drag on the straights. And even at 50 to 70 MPH corners it really helps keep the rear end planted. So this with a splitter and, drive planes etc and it is supper planted. So not sure if yours is bigger you may just want to make sure it is not too big to pull to much HP down the straights that would impact lap times. Otherwise then you need more Power to support your big wing(lol) Going down that rabbit hole!

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Sorry one more thing on the wing. As it helps plant the car it makes a slower tire faster as it gives you more grip! So you can use cheaper tires and still get pretty good times. I have not went to purple crack yet and got a set of Hoosier R7 but it is tempting. Estimate moving up to that level tire the you can pick up 2-3 sec - Speed costs how fast do want to go ( lol) but then you are running full on race car times and I think at that point probably need the cage.....

OP
OP
ZokiSpeed

ZokiSpeed

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 2.0L
@FLtrackdays Thanks, will do it for sure!

@Rocksandblues Yes, you're right. But the bonnet will be supported in the trunk. That should work. Background: german regulations. Everything of the spoiler needs to be covered if you stand in front of the car, watching in a 90 degrees angle onto the car. Everything. - So unfortunately i have no option... The wing itself is not the biggest too, but it's the maximum you can mount without moving yourself instant to jail here. :bump: (Of course that's an exxageration, but the limitations are not.)

@Todday1 Thanks for your massive input. Sounds good. Like @razorlab said: It's just a box of sockets, but if i think about it, a fuel cell doesn't sound bad either... Haha. But yes, it's definetly on the "only track" route.
I fully understand your tire-argument. And the EU/germany strikes again, haha. The prices for tires are massive. In 265/35/18 a set of AR-1 costs around 1200$, another top tires like the Dunlop Direzza or Pirelli Trofeo R nearly 2000$. And most of your brands doesn't exist on the local market. But i think it's the same the other way around. Biggest intersections should be the AR-1. Drove it -until today- many years on my F21 tracktool. And looks like some of you and yourself were happy with it, too. Right now i'm really happy with the Yokohama A052. Excellent grip and wear and moderate costs (1400$).

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Dude…. So cool to hear from guys like you on the other side of the pond and how y’all are tracking your rides! Wife and I use to fly from Ft. Myers to Düsseldorf quite a bit. Rent a car and go all over Europe. Now our direct flights are to Frankfurt. Daughter just went last year. Love how everything is close. And absolutely love Germany 🇩🇪 . Sorry off topic, but so great to hear your input!!

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
ok now that I know bit more will add to the comments about the supports as the trunk is plastic. If you see how this one was done the uprights are rights on the outside edge so it is on rim of the body, with a metal plate underneath. Also they replaced the rubber foot that is the level stops with a bolt and aluminum foot as that is where the trunk stop rests on. So I am not sure those middle mounts will be strong enough. Other wise you need to sort out how to built a bracket/ support underneath. Mine said it was 500 pounds of downforce?
One last small point, Also the weight of the wing will be too much for the standard trunk struts/ supports. I just measured and found some on line I think the were at 80 pounds each, which I thought was too high but when you look at it, it is a lot of weight once it is open and fully extended. Hope this helps, nice job engineering it!

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

OP
OP
ZokiSpeed

ZokiSpeed

First Name
Zoran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 2.0L
@FLtrackdays Good morning to Florida haha, that's nice to hear. Let's swap the countries!! - The track-scene is quite big here (germany, spain, UK), but the cop-scene too. One moment at the street without an approved part and the ride is over in germany:patriot: If you're here next time you need to visit the Nürburgring if you haven't already been there.

@Todday1 Thanks! You're absolutely right. I already have a support for the trunk in construction. I did a few calculations. The Wing-Profile is the same of the GT3-RS, but cutted down to a new width. I'll write something more in a few days, but it shouldn't exceed 270-290 pounds in downforce. But that could meet your specification very well. My wing is a lot smaller than your's, so less downforce.👍 80 pounds for the wing? - Should be less, like you mentioned yourself, even if the wing is big. I didn't weigh my wing, but it should be around 25 pounds max. .

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I was referring to the weight rating on the strut shock. I think each has to be stronger to lift the whole trunk and wing. So will have to get them stronger than what ever they are stock. So is lifting the total weight of the trunk and wing

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
Hallo Zoran,

So glad to see some germans going on the track with their supra!
I'm in Stuttgart, also looking for some trackdays this year.
My car is 3.0L bone stock except brake pads though, so I won't be a tough competition I think :)
Sponsored