Tuning a 2021 with locked ECU

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
I have a 2021 with locked ECU that I want to tune. It looks like the JB4 is my best option but I want to know what others with either a Locked ECU or just don't want to flash tune are using. For now, I probably would Flash my ECU just for warranty reasons. I have a Function Werk catless down pipe with built-in defouler ordered that I want to install before any tuning but hope to order a piggyback soon.

So what Piggyback Tune are you using and how is it working for you?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
Thanks for the reply. The Function Werk catless down pipe has a built-in defouler that I hope will avoid the CEL. If that doesn't work I will try one of the catted extensions.

I have spent several hours using the search function looking for what others with locked ECU are using. I can find threads like "2021 Locked ECU JB+ Users?" this is asking for JB+ users experience. I do see comments left in this thread by JB4 users but I can't find a thread that ask specifically what others with locked ECU's are choosing.

How has your experience been with the JB4?

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
How much boost the stock turbo handle reliably I wonder. 14 PSI stock tuned 21, also thinking about JB4 buy very on the fence. Is it really a noticeable power bump? And is the JB4 even set up for the 21s with different compression and turbo output?

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It can handle a lot. I think the map I mostly run on is around 22-24 very noticeable difference

i can not imagine what the fence sitting is for?

Mine is 21
New to the tuning world when it comes to cars, I am a bit on fence about reliability, burning the turbo out, stuff like that.
I'm a noob so Any advice is appreciated. Do you notice quite a big power jump down low or is it all up top?
Im a torque fiend personally.
Thanks!

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I was in the same boat OP. Knew little to nothing about cars. It’s sort of a blessing as I take extensive time out of my day to find the best of the best for the price, what a part can do for me, and compare and contrast.
In terms of piggyback. I went with the JB4. I usually have it on map 2 with 93 octane.
even on this setting you can feel the torque boost.
when I ran e30 on map 3, it was like a totally different car.
however I too don’t want to damage anything and even though my car can handle e30 stock. I want to get flex fuel lines to be overly safe.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I have spent several hours using the search function looking for what others with locked ECU are using. I can find threads like "2021 Locked ECU JB+ Users?
To"Shay" and others on this thread (forum for that matter), all your questions can be answered on this forum. The folks that put together the JB4 live on this site and may have even started it. There is a section specifically for the B58 and B48(BMW and Supra 20-21)but most info started with BMW powertrains. The JB4 threads are vast and never ending and all JB4 info regarding install/MAPS/mods are there. Enjoy!!!!!

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To"Shay" and others on this thread (forum for that matter), all your questions can be answered on this forum. The folks that put together the JB4 live on this site and may have even started it. There is a section specifically for the B58 and B48(BMW and Supra 20-21)but most info started with BMW powertrains. The JB4 threads are vast and never ending and all JB4 info regarding install/MAPS/mods are there. Enjoy!!!!!

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php
Thank you!

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Thank you!
No problem!!! Network Admin for a living so it is kind of "natural" to try and help someone find answers to their questions.

But its so tempting!!! ??
"rocksandblues" is technically right but it is strictly up to you. I tell guys/girls that when it comes to Tuning/mods, "It's your dime if something bad happens". I have run JB4 on current car (Stinger - with LOTS of smiles) but have put things back to stock mainly because I am in the market for a Supra. If you are primarily new to tuning, then following the instructions/suggestions by Burger Tuning are "imperative". For most, MAPS 1/2 offer good "bang for the buck" with minimal risk but keep in mind, once you deviate from the stock parameters, there is inherent risk. Rules of the game.

kobeecuhz

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
No problem!!! Network Admin for a living so it is kind of "natural" to try and help someone find answers to their questions.

"rocksandblues" is technically right but it is strictly up to you. I tell guys/girls that when it comes to Tuning/mods, "It's your dime if something bad happens". I have run JB4 on current car (Stinger - with LOTS of smiles) but have put things back to stock mainly because I am in the market for a Supra. If you are primarily new to tuning, then following the instructions/suggestions by Burger Tuning are "imperative". For most, MAPS 1/2 offer good "bang for the buck" with minimal risk but keep in mind, once you deviate from the stock parameters, there is inherent risk. Rules of the game.
DO IT!! Went from a stinger GT and couldnt be happier!

• Love
Reactions: max

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
DO IT!! Went from a stinger GT and couldnt be happier!
LOL!!!!! I hear you. Just waiting on a good deal. Local dealer has a non-premium 3.0 for a helluva deal (been sitting on the lot forever) but I just can't give up the Apple car play!! One of the things i have grown to love in my Stinger and I refuse to get anything else that doesn't have it. I have found a couple of Premiums that were right there on my "line drawn in the sand" price point. Losing two doors is not an issue whatsoever. Will have to work a little harder on the dealers......lol
Sponsored