Rifraf

First Name
Rif'at
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Hey, hope ya'll doin well

I got a 2020 Supra on the way and I'm pretty excited about it. I was woundering about the possibility of the type of turbo flutters these cars are capable of ? I have seen videos of Armaspeed and MST intake flutters and they are pretty nice, but none sounded like the type seen in this video .

Is it possible to get like this high pitch flutter ? And what mods would make it possible?

Cheers
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, hope ya'll doin well

I got a 2020 Supra on the way and I'm pretty excited about it. I was woundering about the possibility of the type of turbo flutters these cars are capable of ? I have seen videos of Armaspeed and MST intake flutters and they are pretty nice, but none sounded like the type seen in this video .

Is it possible to get like this high pitch flutter ? And what mods would make it possible?

Cheers
You should probably read up on how and why this flutter noise occurs, then rethink if you actually want to do it. Basically, you are intentionally damaging your turbocharger for the sake of “sounding cool” by forcing air in the opposite direction of your turbine wheel. Pricey “mod.”

OP
OP

Rifraf

First Name
Rif'at
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
You should probably read up on how and why this flutter noise occurs, then rethink if you actually want to do it. Basically, you are intentionally damaging your turbocharger for the sake of “sounding cool” by forcing air in the opposite direction of your turbine wheel. Pricey “mod.”
Really ? I've heard somewhere that flutters don't damage turbos. I guess its kinda like those things noobies like me dont know much about đŸ€”.

Appreciate the reply tho

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
MKV uses and internal wastegate. The noises you are wanting are external wastegate.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I'm guessing that isn't possible right?
You can modify the car to do so but it’s not something I would do. Spend some cash on a CAI and Downpipe and enjoy the new ride.

OP
OP

Rifraf

First Name
Rif'at
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
You can modify the car to do so but it’s not something I would do. Spend some cash on a CAI and Downpipe and enjoy the new ride.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Wut. That is not an external wastegate on the shifts. Wastegate is exhaust. What you are hearing is compressed air.
I wasn’t discussing anything specific on the video. I assumed he was talking about BOVs on the previous generation Supras.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Repeat after me:

Turbo flutter is bad. It slowly destroys the cartridge of the turbo. It is the sound of a car that is not operating correctly. I will not create turbo flutter on my car.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I wasn’t discussing anything specific on the video. I assumed he was talking about BOVs on the previous generation Supras.
I get it, What I am stating is that a BOV is not an external wastegate. Two completely different components. One deals with compressed air, one deals with exhaust gases.

Reactions: zrk