U.S. Supra Ordering: Pricing and Availability Details! Have You Ordered?

HcNine-Six

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16’ Scion tC 94’ Supra 00’ Lexus LS400
Got put on a second list today. First place put deposit down 4th in line.

Went in to have one of my cars serviced at a dealership I have called a few times requesting to put a deposit down. They have denied me every time I have called. So, went out on the showroom and a salesman came up to me asking if he could help. I asked him if I could put a deposit down on the upcoming Supra and he said they were not taking deposits. So I asked him if he could ask his supervisor/manager and went with him. He immediately shot me down as well saying they would not take a deposit as they do not know when they are getting them.

So I said, "That's funny, because "insert other dealer I have deposit in at" is taking deposits right now on them without knowing either and it isn't a big deal".

He shot a look at me and said again he was not sure when they were getting them or the colors immediately available and told him that was fine that I didn't care just wanted to be on the list to have first pick. He told the salesman to get me a credit app and we filled it out and he took my deposit so I am first on the list there now. Be persistent! Lol.

Should note - I am employed through Toyota so I have a special purchase program that limits any and all mark-up. Get @ dealer cost plus some other things.
Sponsored

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Just got a call from Hendrick Toyota (NC), and he expects them to know their allocations in late june, early july. So possible delivery in July-August

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4
Just got a call from Hendrick Toyota (NC), and he expects them to know their allocations in late june, early july. So possible delivery in July-August
Funny, I just got a call today from my dealer here in upstate NY with an update as well. He told me they were told by Toyota Corporate they would see the cars show up in very late July or most likely August. He also said they were only going to get one car period, and they may or may not be able to get the color they want. They will know what color they are going to receive approximately one month prior to the car arriving at the dealership. I am keeping fingers crossed I can get the color (Red) and options ( Driver Assist package) I want. Now the wait continues .............

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
With two of us on the east coast being told essentially the same thing, that could be good news. Well, goodish. We have a more accurate timeframe for when we may be getting our cars.

Still have to wait 4 months or so, though.

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4
With two of us on the east coast being told essentially the same thing, that could be good news. Well, goodish. We have a more accurate timeframe for when we may be getting our cars.

Well Goose, the good news is by then there will be lots of reviews by other people who have these cars and we will have a much better idea what people think of them. Very hard to buy a car based on photos and not much else. Don't know about you, but I have yet to see a car in person. Looking forward to seeing one and sitting in it.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Truth. I keep hoping to see the pacecar version, since Charlotte is so big with Nascar.

I wish we didn't have to wait, but it'll give us a little more time to learn more about the car.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Rumor has it July 22nd....

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Thats what it looks like. I called Hendrick Toyota, and they still aren't sure about their allocations.

I wonder if thats when they're supposed to arrive, or if thats when we can put our orders in.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
I got the only Launch Edition allocation at the dealership where I work. I met the Toyota representative assigned to my dealer a couple of weeks ago and, yesterday, one of the new-car sales managers asked by the representative to confirm the color choice that I want. There is still no update about ETA that doesn't encompass a 3-month span; the original quote was "between May 1st and July 31st".

I'm thinking I probably won't see it until September.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Dealer said they'll start taking orders officially on June 22th. Apparently, unofficially I'd be 3rd in line.
Also I'm told that all dealers got 1 Launch edition allocated. (don't know how that works with limited 1500 number..)

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
Dealer said they'll start taking orders officially on June 22th. Apparently, unofficially I'd be 3rd in line.
Also I'm told that all dealers got 1 Launch edition allocated. (don't know how that works with limited 1500 number..)
The words from a Toyota representative sound the same regarding allocation for LE units that each dealer gets one allocation. The delivery dates, as I was told, would be between May 1 and July 31.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
If they're taking orders on June 22nd, we're that much closer. If they're all only getting one, then I'm stuck with whatever markup Scott Clark toyota has. Unless I get lucky and whoever is 1st at Hendrick drops off the list. >.<

tonyng92

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E93 M3 F82 M4
Vehicle Showcase
If they're taking orders on June 22nd, we're that much closer. If they're all only getting one, then I'm stuck with whatever markup Scott Clark toyota has. Unless I get lucky and whoever is 1st at Hendrick drops off the list. >.<
Just stopped by my dealership today. The VP confirmed that he locked in the white launch edition for me!
Sponsored