UK - Pricing and Availability Details

UK floor price - New Supra - Whats your Expectation?

• Total voters

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
I've put down a deposit for a UK one. Been lurking on the forum since about January and still getting excited about it! My dealer said I was the 3rd to reserve from there which isn't too bad but I was hoping for first! I have a GT86 just now and love how it drives so I'm hoping the Supra might have similar good handling and chassis etc but more refined and more powerful. Just have to wait and see!

HQ90

First Name
H.Q
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B5 RS4
I've put down a deposit for a UK one. Been lurking on the forum since about January and still getting excited about it! My dealer said I was the 3rd to reserve from there which isn't too bad but I was hoping for first! I have a GT86 just now and love how it drives so I'm hoping the Supra might have similar good handling and chassis etc but more refined and more powerful. Just have to wait and see!
Congrats, which dealer did you leave your deposit with?

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I left it with an Arnold Clark in Scotland, just the nearest one to me.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did mine directly online.

Been told there will be a lot of events etc where the 300 will be invited to along the way.
I was told by Toyota UK on Facebook that at the moment there aren't any events or anything planned other than the fact it will be a limited edition that we will be getting, and they confirmed to me that the UK is NOT part of the 900 Club that the rest of Europe is part of. I really hope there will be events though!

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
300 cars in the UK I think they are struggling to get deposits on judging by facebook and how much they are pushing for deposits.

Matthew

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 JDM Legacy GT
  • Note: This is a UK Specific thread, UK based Information/UK market/UK attitudes - And Yes - I know the Irony with my Nickname.

Whatā€™s peoples anticipated price point of the new MKV in the UK?

From my perspective, Iā€™m assuming most articles are right, and the MKV will:
    -Be priced between Ā£45-55k
    Plus
    -have similar/lightly improved performance figures to a base MKIV and
    -No manual box.

Whatā€™s the implications of this?
    Well, thereā€™s the obvious - If you are looking to buy the MKV as a replacement, or as a first time sports car, then itā€™s a question of the value for money. At approx. Ā£50k, there are a limited number of competitors, some examples being: Rc300, M4, Cayman, Alpha 4c and the TTRS. Itā€™s a shrinking limited market, but the supra should be able to take a big market share it while it lasts.

The not so obvious implications however are for anyone not in the above generalisation.
    In my case:
    I'm a MK IV owner, which means I have to ask myself hard questions:
    Are there any reasons to sell my MKIV to buy an MKV? - All the indications for me say "HELL NO".
    Does the MKV have an Xfactor worth spending approx. 50k on as an additional car? - a definite "no" again for me.
    If I have to buy another performance car(Keeping the MKIV), is there a competitor I would consider to the MK V? ā€“ Unfortunately ā€œYESā€.

The biggest issue for me is the price point for value ā€“ because I consider USED cars as very valid alternatives -
    So, if I am to buy a second performance car, then USED choice alternatives to an MKV are very high.

E.g In the Ā£45-Ā£50k there is examples I can find for:
    M3 17'(<10k Milage)
    M4 17'(<10k Milage)
    M6 16'(<10k Milage)
    Aston Martin DB9 08/09'(<10k Milage).. yes OLD, but come on .... aston
    Bentley Continental GT 08/09(<10k Milage) again old, but again... bently
    Corvette StringRay 14''(<10k Milage)
    Maserati Granturiso 13'(<10k Milage)
    Mercedes Benz SL63 12/13'(<10k Milage)
    Porsche 911 08/09/10'(<10k Milage)
    ā€¦ and lots more

If I roughly half the price to Ā£20k-Ā£35k, and allow up to 35,000 Miles I can have:
    BMW M3 13/14
    Maserati Granturiso 08/09
    Jaguar F-Type 14/16
    Mercedes Benz C63 13/14
    Aston Martin Vantage 06
    Bentley Continental GT 05
    Lotus Evora 11
    Nissan GTR 08
    BMW M3 11/12
    Mercedes Benz C63 12/13
    Bentley Continental GT 04
    Lotus Evora 10
    BMW M3 10
    Mercedes Benz C63 10/11
    Vauxhall VXR8 09/10
    Nissan 370z NISMO 14/15
    ā€¦ and more

Yes the road tax on some of the above is huge, and some are very thirsty beasts, but with half the price and less, itā€™s vastly cheaper to buy and live with it than a Ā£50k outlay on the MK V. Yes some of them are quite old also, but the brands speak for themselves, insurance isn't insanely different, and the MKV depreciation impact will be far harsher than the above.

Yes again - I also know there is a million of you yelling at the screen right now saying things like ā€œFFSā€¦..ā€, ā€SMHā€, ā€œ10k miles and 10 years old!?!?!ā€, ā€œNo warranty!!ā€, ā€Reliability!?!ā€, ā€œService/Maintenance Costs!!!ā€, ā€Support?!?ā€, ā€Parts?!?!ā€, ā€œToo complex to inspect!!ā€, "depreciation", ā€Rabble-Rabble-Rabble!!ā€ plus more offensive things Iā€™m sure. But - Enthusiasts with knowledge, experience and passion are generally NOT scared by any of that that. For the most part we have the ability to(and do) avoid the traps which other people fall into. (Again, for the most part.)

So - living in the UK + a MKIV owner, Iā€™ve come to the conclusion I am most likely NOT going to buy a new MKV.
    - At the anticipated price, there just isnā€™t enough ā€œWOWā€ factor out of the car right now to get me on board, and I'll be choosing from the used competitors. (That could change of course if they push out a 40k 500+hp FT1 style version.)

And for your final answerā€¦. No I donā€™t have anything better to do today, I, down with a cold/flu right now, bored to hell, and this is a great way to kill time whilst coughing up two lungs, and getting the sickness-anger out by abusing my mobile phone carrier, and yelling at the microwave for taking too long :p
It's not just about money though, no point in buying an Aston Martin DB9 if you need a family car (a bloomin fast one obviously) to take crap to the tip in (whether they cost the same or not) just the same as there is little point in buying an M6 if you want a 2 seater sports car for having the maximum fun driving tight and twisty A and B roads. Cross shopping 2nd hand is absolutley valid though. I've ordered a MkV because I think it's genuinely interesting, small and hopefully follows through on the fun to drive mantra. I have also looked at the new Aston Vantage, Old Aston Vantage V12S, Evora, Jag F Type, Mazda Mx5, Cayman, Boxster, and M2 Comp (just crept in as an outsider). All are great cars but the Supra appears (still lots we don't know admittedly) to deliver against what I want the most and quids in, it's a third of the price of the Aston I was looking at. Happy days for all us petrol heads if it delivers anywhere near the fun that has been promised.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve put my deposit down. Iā€™ve been told as one of ā€˜the 300ā€™ Iā€™ll have acces to ā€˜special options/extrasā€™ that wonā€™t be available for the rest of production...no indication as to what they are though!

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All

I put a deposit down about 1 hour after the announcement. There were only 272 views on the youtube video at the time, so pretty sure I'm high up the list as one of the first to sign up.

My dealer is Motorline Toyota Ashford in Kent.

He let slip the other day that there is now a "Supra Champions Forum" available for dealers to provide customer feedback, so if you have preordered, you should have a contact at the garage you have selected. Please email them and let them know you want a manual (cause we all want manuals right?)

Webweasel

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
Def want a manual!

Would have liked some info by now though as they had my Ā£1k for a month now!

neilf

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman T, 2019 VW Up GTi
Other than an email from Toyota confirming the name of my contact at my chosen dealer I havenā€™t heard anything more.

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi A4 B9, 15' Toyota Hilux Invincible X 3.0
Just been told by a local dealer that I can pop down and place an order for a Supra now if I want..
Sponsored