Uk supra deliveries

Lenlec

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Transporter
hi all. Anyone in the uk heard when they are getting there car yet ? My dealership has been really quiet
Sponsored

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
All I've heard is September onwards for general delivery.

My dealer says my car is scheduled to arrive at the local depot on 1st September but it is in the country already and has been for a couple of weeks, but nothing confirmed for actual pick up date. I think they are holding them to all release at the same time like they did in the US. Just hope that they do all come at the same time!

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
I don't have a clue either - i think early sept. I haven't paid any more than the initial deposit either

OP
OP

Lenlec

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Transporter
Iā€™ve only paid the Ā£1000 deposit. Toyota have said itā€™s fully refundable if I donā€™t like the car when I see it in the flesh

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
Wonder how Many people will pull out

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95' Supra, '15 Maserati, '98 Skyline, '15 Mustang, M5
22nd July in the U.S
Early September in UK and M.E (Dubai)
Exactly 39 days difference .. too much

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
22nd July in the U.S
Early September in UK and M.E (Dubai)
Exactly 39 days difference .. too much
Gotta admit, I know my car is built but 1st Sep is the new number plates in the UK so Toyota are waiting for that. Pretty frustrating for a UK buyer.

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95' Supra, '15 Maserati, '98 Skyline, '15 Mustang, M5
Gotta admit, I know my car is built but 1st Sep is the new number plates in the UK so Toyota are waiting for that. Pretty frustrating for a UK buyer.
I donā€™t think they are waiting for that
As far as I know, itā€™s early September in UK, Middle East, and Some parts of Europe
There is a reason, but I donā€™t think Toyota would make all these regions wait for UK new plates

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
Nope... It's exactly that...

Spoke to the product manager and Toyota want them all on 69 plates, bar the demo cars which will be on 19's.

Waiting for dealer to give me finances, and if it's not palatable, I can get an M2 new for Ā£47k.

Ā£5k down and it's Ā£460 a month.

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
Following dealer visit over weekend I concur with scoates.

Rang Toyota customer relations yesterday, who then have to ask a dedicated Supra desk about what's happening, why didn't they just give those with a confirmed order direct contact with those on the Supra desk? if it exists! or is it like the old Carlsberg customer complaints advert, a desk in a room.
I was assured I would get a call back today, nowt so far.

Using Toyota finance calculator, noticed if you go for longest term & no further deposit you get cheapest flat rate.

E4EVL

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AMG GTS - sold awaiting a replacement
Using Toyota finance calculator, noticed if you go for longest term & no further deposit you get cheapest flat rate.
FYI, flat rate and APR are different so be careful not to get confused. The example that you described would indeed reduce the perceived APR but may not have a different flat rate, the two are separate. Flat rate is a better indicator of value as APR can be manipulated and easily ā€œconfusedā€ so to speak as youā€™re talking about a lump sum + 11 payments year one, 12 payments years two and three, 6 payments and a lump sum residual value in year four (they quote 42 months not 48). As youā€™re borrowing different amounts in different years the APR calculation gets very technical. To give you an idea, two quotes that are identical in contract length and flat rate but have different balloons will have different APRā€™s and the ironic thing is the deal with the bigger final payment that ā€œlooksā€ cheaper will have the lower APR of the two

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I've been told start of September although not a fixed date, more a "that's what we've heard"

I've got my 69 plate reserved already, so wouldn't be able to have my car any earlier anyway.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've got my 69 plate reserved already, so wouldn't be able to have my car any earlier anyway.
Lucky you got a 69, back in November I asked my dealer when he thought deliveries would be and he said "we've been told summer so will most likely be a 19" so I bought a 19 plate, only to find out after reveal that apparently September is still summer... No chance of getting any earlier either despite the car already being in the country.

OP
OP

Lenlec

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Transporter
Do you reckon anyone will try and flip there supra for a quick profit If they donā€™t like the car when it arrives ...?

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There will probably be a few that try but I don't know if anyone will be willing to pay much for a big profit. That said though if someone came to me and offered something insane like Ā£80k for mine I'd seriously consider it.
Sponsored