Upgraded Suspension for excess load

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Hey Y'all,

New Taco owner here, and pumped to be apart of the taco club.

Wanted to see if anyone had insight on how to upgrade the coil springs in the back? Or if they found heavy duty coils that fir the 2024 Tacoma.

I currently am running a Super Pacific Camper Shell which adds 350lbs, and then when I throw in all my camping gear I'm at about 450lbs if additional weight and it squats a decent amount.

Wondering if anyone has any insights into good aftermarket coils or rear air bags that fit the 2024 Tacoma.

2024 Tacoma Upgraded Suspension for excess load Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 7.53.08 PM
Sponsored

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
From that pic it certainly doesn't look like it's squatting.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Good question…so what’s the payload on your OR? You should be within spec.
You just don’t like how the rear sits loaded down?

Keep this updated what you end up doing. I’m putting a GCG on a TH and some goose gear kit, but I think* the TH’s payload should be able to handle it stock 🤞🏼

h2o-bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner,Tundra
I put the Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate's on my 23 Tundra. And plan on doing something similar (I have a cabover camper) when I get my new Tacoma. They were pretty easy to instal and leveled out the truck perfectly. Airlift's site doesn't show fitment for the 24's yet but I'm happy about the adjustability and quality of the kit so far.

https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/88383

gofastdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Tacoma OR, '08 Mazda MX-5, '20 Volvo V60
I should have my Lone Peak Overland wedge camper installed in the next week or so and have been researching this for some time and so far haven't found any great solutions.

Glorified bump stops like Timbren or Sumo Springs seem like a poor solution since by definition you're sitting on the bump stops before they even come into play. They would be great for big hits but I don't want the truck sitting on them 24/7.

Air bags may be a solution but so far I haven't found anyone with fitment for the Tacoma yet.

IMHO if you're going to leave the weight on permanently, which I plan on doing, then the best solution would be to replace the stock springs with revised rate springs. Plenty of companies like Ironman sell them but, again, there aren't any fitments available yet that I'm aware of.

Another solution might be the 2" rear spacer that Peak Suspension has. I already installed the Wescott Designs level kit on my truck so it's basically level right now. That's with a 2.5 inch preload spacer on the front and .75 inch on the back. Going with Peak's 2 inch spacer on the back might equal a level load once the weight is on the truck. If I'd been smart I would have just installed Peak's full kit since replacing the Wescott rear spacer with Peak's is a bit of a waste but I had purchased the Wescott kit before Peak even announced theirs.

I guess that's the problem with being an early adopter....

OP
OP
Taco_Trailhunter
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
I should have my Lone Peak Overland wedge camper installed in the next week or so and have been researching this for some time and so far haven't found any great solutions.

Glorified bump stops like Timbren or Sumo Springs seem like a poor solution since by definition you're sitting on the bump stops before they even come into play. They would be great for big hits but I don't want the truck sitting on them 24/7.

Air bags may be a solution but so far I haven't found anyone with fitment for the Tacoma yet.

IMHO if you're going to leave the weight on permanently, which I plan on doing, then the best solution would be to replace the stock springs with revised rate springs. Plenty of companies like Ironman sell them but, again, there aren't any fitments available yet that I'm aware of.

Another solution might be the 2" rear spacer that Peak Suspension has. I already installed the Wescott Designs level kit on my truck so it's basically level right now. That's with a 2.5 inch preload spacer on the front and .75 inch on the back. Going with Peak's 2 inch spacer on the back might equal a level load once the weight is on the truck. If I'd been smart I would have just installed Peak's full kit since replacing the Wescott rear spacer with Peak's is a bit of a waste but I had purchased the Wescott kit before Peak even announced theirs.

I guess that's the problem with being an early adopter....

I added the westcott spacer to just the rear of the truck and that brought it back to level with the camper. However, once I start adding in gear to the back it starts to squat again.

I think upgraded springs are the solution since I will be under a constant load of around 400lbs.

Let me know if you find any aftermarket springs, and I will keep you posted as well since you will prob have the same camper with your camper