Upgrading to 20” wheels. Can I use stock TPMS?

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
May be a dumb question but can i just use the stock ones vs buying new ones? The wheels i am buying they said I had to buy new ones. That true?
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
May be a dumb question but can i just use the stock ones vs buying new ones? The wheels i am buying they said I had to buy new ones. That true?
I don't think TPMS sensors have a wheel diameter specification precise enough to matter when going one size up, but I believe some wheels could have compatibility issue with OEM sensors and may require a proprietary version. (Someone correct me if I'm mistaken)

My 2cents... if the ones they're offering are cost affect and come pre-installed just get them and then don't you have to worry about swapping them over and potentially not fitting.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
sometimes the labor of swapping them is more expensive than buying a spare set. Im guessing the shop is trying to avoid pulling them out of your old wheels.

VelgenWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Audi RS6 2021 Dodge Ram TRX
You should be able to just swap your OEM ones but depending what wheels you went with some aren't compatible with OEM Sensors.
Sponsored